Find a Doctor
Thu-Cuc Nguyen, MD
Specialty: Internal Medicine
Program: Internal & Hospital Medicine
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Dr. Thu-Cuc Nguyen is an Assistant Member in the Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Internal Medicine, Internal and Hospital Medicine Program. Dr. Nguyen received her MD from Ross University School of Medicine, Miramar, Florida. She recently completed an Internal Medicine Residency at the University of Central Florida College of Medicine – HCA GME Consortium, in Ocala, where she also served as Chief Resident. Dr. Nguyen’s interests are to provide outstanding clinical care to our patients in the inpatient setting as a hospitalist. Her research interest is to develop clinical trials for our hospital medicine program, including investigator-initiated trials, industry-sponsored trials, and quality improvement projects.
Education & Training
- University of Central Florida Medical School - Internal Medicine
- Ross University School of Medicine(MD, - MD)
- Villanueva F, Yuan C, Drane W, Dang L, Nguyen TC. Cancer Treatment Response to Checkpoint Inhibitors Is Associated with Cytomegalovirus Infection. Cureus. 2020 Jan.12(1):e6670. Pubmedid: 32104613. Pmcid: PMC7026877.
- Skelton WP, Ali A, Skelton MN, Federico R, Bosse R, Nguyen TC, Dang LH, Bishnoi R. Analysis of Overall Survival in Patients With Multiple Primary Malignancies: A Single-center Experience. Cureus. 2019 Apr.11(4):e4552. Pubmedid: 31275776. Pmcid: PMC6592836.
- Nguyen TC, Jaffe AM, Gray D, Cain J, Brown T. Colovesical Fistula As An Uncommon Presentation Of Metastatic Lung Cancer. Cureus. 2018 Jun.10(6):e2767. Pubmedid: 30101046. Pmcid: PMC6082581.
- Nguyen TC, Bajwa R, Bari S, Ali A, Paul Skelton W, Federico RA, Bishnoi R, Wray JW, Zlotecki RA, Dang LH, Muzaffar J. Stereotactic body radiation therapy for the treatment of oligoprogression on androgen receptor targeted therapy in castration-resistant prostate cancer. Oxf Med Case Reports. 2018 Jan.2018(1):omx078. Pubmedid: 29340160. Pmcid: PMC5761507.
- Nguyen TC, Garcia B, Fisher K, Patterson D, Hamza A. Rhabdomyolysis as a rare paraneoplastic presentation of acute myeloid leukemia. Oxf Med Case Reports. 2017 Jul.2017(7):omx033. Pubmedid: 28694972. Pmcid: PMC5497510.
- Skelton Iv WP, Akhavan NN, Taylor ZA, Nguyen TC, Hassan H, Townsend TN, Pathak P, Trikha G, Dang NH, Dang LH, Ali A. A Novel Case of Penile Gangrene in a Patient Treated with Ibrutinib for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Case Rep Oncol Med. 2016 Dec.2016:6980198. Pubmedid: 27999696. Pmcid: PMC5141545.
- Ali A, Skelton Iv WP, Akhavan NN, Nguyen TC, Taylor ZA, Townsend T, Pathak P, Hasija N, Li L, Indrisek J, Watson S, Nixon I, Dang NH, Zlotecki R, Crispen P, Allan R, Abbitt P, Dang LH. Low Grade Lymphoma Mimicking Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma: When Do We Need Further Histologic Staging?. Case Rep Oncol Med. 2016 Dec.2016:8125898. Pubmedid: 27994899. Pmcid: PMC5138476.
- Szwed EA, Sliesoraitis S, Nguyen TC, Nguyen MN, Moreb JS, Zlotecki RA, Crispen PL, Dang NH, Dang LH. New primary malignancy masquerading as metastatic prostate adenocarcinoma. Case Rep Oncol Med. 2015 Mar;2015:358572. Pubmedid: 25789189. Pmcid: PMC4350875.
- Emanuels CS, Timmerman KD, Aijaz T, Nguyen TC, Jest N, Drane WE, Gilbert SM, Crispen PL, Su LM, Deitte LA, Dang LH. Displacement of the Spleen Mimicking Renal Cell Cancer Recurrence Post-Nephrectomy: A Case Report. J Kidney Cancer VHL. 2015 Jun.2(3):130-133. Pubmedid: 28326267. Pmcid: PMC5345533.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.