Find a Doctor
Solmaz Sahebjam, MD
Director of the Clinical Research UnitLeader of the Phase 1 Clinical Trial ProgramSpecialty: Medical Oncology
Cancer Focus: Brain Cancer , Glioblastoma , Meningioma
Dr. Sahebjam is a Medical Oncologist/Neuro-Oncologist with research interest in early phase drug development for all cancer types and treatment of primary and metastatic central nervous system tumors. She is an Associate Member at Moffitt Cancer Center and University of South Florida. Dr. Sahebjam is currently Leader of Phase 1 Program and Director of Clinical Research Unit (CRU) at Moffitt Cancer Center. She is principal investigator and co-investigator of a broad range of early phase investigator-initiated and pharmaceutical sponsored therapeutic trials. Dr. Sahebjam is the recipient of prestigious national/international awards such as Cancer Clinical Investigator Team Leadership Award from National Cancer Institute (NCI), American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)/Conquer Cancer Foundation Career Development Award, Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR)/Canadian Association of Medical Oncologists (CAMO) Fellowship Award. Dr. Sahebjam holds boards from the following: Medical Oncology from Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Medical Oncology from European Society of Medical Oncology, Medical Oncology from American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine from American Board of Internal Medicine, and Internal Medicine from Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Education & Training
- Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- McGill University, Canada - Medical Oncology
- Shriner's Hospital, McGill University - Research Fellowship
- University of Ottawa, Canada - Internal Medicine
- Princess Margaret Hospital/University of Toronto - New Drug Development, Neuro-Oncology
- Lincoln Medical Center/Saint Vincent Hospital - Internal Medicine
- Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 19956
A Phase 1b Trial of CB-839 in Combination with Radiation Therapy and Temozolomide in Patients with IDH-mutated Diffuse Astrocytoma and Anaplastic Astrocytoma
Condition: Neurologic Oncology
Intervention: CB-839 (Telaglenestat); Temodal (Temozolomide); Temozolomide ()
CLINICAL TRIAL 20174
A Phase I, Open-Label, Dose Finding Study To Assess The Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics, And Preliminary Efficacy Of OBT076, A CD205-Directed Antibody-Drug Conjugate, In Recurrent And/Or Metastatic CD205 Positive Solid Tumors And In Women With CD205 Positive HER2-Negative Metastatic Breast Cancer
Intervention: OBT076 ()
CLINICAL TRIAL 20619
A Phase 2 Multicenter, Open-label Study of Rucaparib as Treatment for Solid Tumors Associated with Deleterious Mutations in Homologous Recombination Repair Genes (LODESTAR)
Intervention: AG-014447 (Rucaparib); CO-338 (Rucaparib); Not Applicable (); PF-01367338-BW (Rucaparib); Rucaparib ()
- Tolaney SM, Sahebjam S, Rhun EL, Bachelot T, Kabos P, Awada A, Yardley D, Chan A, Conte P, Diéras V, Lin NU, Bear M, Chapman SC, Yang Z, Chen Y, Anders CK. Correction: A Phase II Study of Abemaciclib in Patients with Brain Metastases Secondary to Hormone Receptor-positive Breast Cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2021 Mar.27(5):1582. Pubmedid: 33649192.
- Vogelbaum MA, Kroll D, Etame A, Tran N, Liu J, Ford A, Sparr E, Kim Y, Forsyth P, Sahebjam S, Mokhtari S, Peguero E, Macaulay R. A Prospective Validation Study of the First 3D Digital Exoscope for Visualization of 5-ALA-Induced Fluorescence in High-Grade Gliomas. World Neurosurg. 2021 Feb. Pubmedid: 33561551.
- Zamarin D, Hamid O, Nayak-Kapoor A, Sahebjam S, Sznol M, Collaku A, Fox FE, Marshall MA, Hong DS. Mogamulizumab in Combination with Durvalumab or Tremelimumab in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors: A Phase I Study. Clin Cancer Res. 2020 Sep.26(17):4531-4541. Pubmedid: 32586937.
- Tolaney SM, Sahebjam S, Le Rhun E, Bachelot T, Kabos P, Awada A, Yardley D, Chan A, Conte P, Diéras V, Lin NU, Bear M, Chapman SC, Yang Z, Chen Y, Anders CK. A Phase II Study of Abemaciclib in Patients with Brain Metastases Secondary to Hormone Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2020 Oct.26(20):5310-5319. Pubmedid: 32694159.
- Sahebjam S, Forsyth PA, Tran ND, Arrington JA, Macaulay R, Etame AB, Walko CM, Boyle T, Peguero EN, Jaglal M, Mokhtari S, Enderling H, Raghunand N, Gatewood T, Long W, Dzierzeski JL, Evernden B, Robinson T, Wicklund MC, Kim S, Thompson ZJ, Chen DT, Chinnaiyan P, Yu HM. Hypofractionated Stereotactic Re-Irradiation with Pembrolizumab and Bevacizumab in Patients with Recurrent High Grade Gliomas: Results from a Phase 1 Study. Neurooncol. 2020 Nov. Pubmedid: 33173935.
- Lee EQ, Weller M, Sul J, Bagley SJ, Sahebjam S, van den Bent M, Ahluwalia M, Campian JL, Galanis E, Gilbert MR, Holdhoff M, Lesser GJ, Lieberman FS, Mehta MP, Penas-Prado M, Schreck KC, Strowd RE, Vogelbaum MA, Walbert T, Chang SM, Nabors LB, Grossman S, Reardon DA, Wen PY. Optimizing eligibility criteria and clinical trial conduct to enhance clinical trial participation for primary brain tumor patients. Neurooncol. 2020 May.22(5):601-612. Pubmedid: 31974566. Pmcid: PMC7229255.
- Glazar DJ, Grass GD, Arrington JA, Forsyth PA, Raghunand N, Yu HM, Sahebjam S, Enderling H. Tumor Volume Dynamics as an Early Biomarker for Patient-Specific Evolution of Resistance and Progression in Recurrent High-Grade Glioma. J Clin Med. 2020 Jun.9(7). Pubmedid: 32605050. Pmcid: PMC7409184.
- Reardon DA, Brandes AA, Omuro A, Mulholland P, Lim M, Wick A, Baehring J, Ahluwalia MS, Roth P, Bähr O, Phuphanich S, Sepulveda JM, De Souza P, Sahebjam S, Carleton M, Tatsuoka K, Taitt C, Zwirtes R, Sampson J, Weller M. Effect of Nivolumab vs Bevacizumab in Patients With Recurrent Glioblastoma: The CheckMate 143 Phase 3 Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Oncol. 2020 Jul.6(7):1003-1010. Pubmedid: 32437507. Pmcid: PMC7243167.
- Lee EQ, Chukwueke UN, Hervey-Jumper SL, de Groot JF, Leone JP, Armstrong TS, Chang SM, Arons D, Oliver K, Verble K, Musella A, Willmarth N, Alexander BM, Bates A, Doherty L, Galanis E, Gaffey S, Halkin T, Friday BE, Fouladi M, Lin NU, Macdonald D, Mehta MP, Penas-Prado M, Vogelbaum MA, Sahebjam S, Sandak D, van den Bent M, Weller M, Reardon DA, Wen PY. Barriers to accrual and enrollment in brain tumor trials. Neurooncol. 2019 Sep.21(9):1100-1117. Pubmedid: 31175826. Pmcid: PMC7594546.
- Reblin M, Sahebjam S, Peeri NC, Martinez YC, Thompson Z, Egan KM. Medical Cannabis Use in Glioma Patients Treated at a Comprehensive Cancer Center in Florida. J Palliat Med. 2019 Oct.22(10):1202-1207. Pubmedid: 31081711. Pmcid: PMC7364313.
- Figura NB, Rizk VT, Mohammadi H, Evernden B, Mokhtari S, Yu HM, Robinson TJ, Etame AB, Tran ND, Liu J, Washington I, Diaz R, Czerniecki BJ, Soliman H, Han HS, Sahebjam S, Forsyth PA, Ahmed KA. Clinical outcomes of breast leptomeningeal disease treated with intrathecal trastuzumab, intrathecal chemotherapy, or whole brain radiation therapy. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2019 Jun.175(3):781-788. Pubmedid: 30859348.
- Figura NB, Potluri TK, Mohammadi H, Oliver DE, Arrington JA, Robinson TJ, Etame AB, Tran ND, Liu JK, Soliman H, Forsyth PA, Sahebjam S, Yu HM, Han HS, Ahmed KA. CDK 4/6 inhibitors and stereotactic radiation in the management of hormone receptor positive breast cancer brain metastases. J Neurooncol. 2019 Aug.144(3):583-589. Pubmedid: 31399935.
- Lonez C, Hendlisz A, Shaza L, Aftimos P, Vouche M, Donckier V, Machiels JH, Van Den Eynde M, Canon JL, Carrasco J, Odunsi K, Sahebjam S, Rottey S, Braun N, Verma B, Gilham DE, Lehmann FF. Celyad's novel CAR T-cell therapy for solid malignancies. Curr Res Transl Med. 2018 May.66(2):53-56. Pubmedid: 29625833.
- B Figura N, Long W, Yu M, Robinson TJ, Mokhtari S, Etame AB, Tran ND, Diaz R, Soliman H, S Han H, Sahebjam S, Forsyth PA, Ahmed KA. Intrathecal trastuzumab in the management of HER2+ breast leptomeningeal disease: a single institution experience. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2018 Jun.169(2):391-396. Pubmedid: 29392582.
- Omuro A, Vlahovic G, Lim M, Sahebjam S, Baehring J, Cloughesy T, Voloschin A, Ramkissoon SH, Ligon KL, Latek R, Zwirtes R, Strauss L, Paliwal P, Harbison CT, Reardon DA, Sampsonc JH. Nivolumab with or without ipilimumab in patients with recurrent glioblastoma: results from exploratory phase I cohorts of CheckMate 143. Neurooncol. 2018 Apr.20(5):674-686. Pubmedid: 29106665. Pmcid: PMC5892140.
- Sahebjam S, Sharabi A, Lim M, Kesarwani P, Chinnaiyan P. Immunotherapy and radiation in glioblastoma. J Neurooncol. 2017 Sep.134(3):531-539. Pubmedid: 28567588.
- Groshev A, Padalia D, Patel S, Garcia-Getting R, Sahebjam S, Forsyth PA, Vrionis FD, Etame AB. Clinical outcomes from maximum-safe resection of primary and metastatic brain tumors using awake craniotomy. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2017 Jun.157:25-30. Pubmedid: 28384595.
- Ahmed KA, Kim S, Arrington J, Naghavi AO, Dilling TJ, Creelan BC, Antonia SJ, Caudell JJ, Harrison LB, Sahebjam S, Gray JE, Etame AB, Johnstone PA, Yu M, Perez BA. Outcomes targeting the PD-1/PD-L1 axis in conjunction with stereotactic radiation for patients with non-small cell lung cancer brain metastases. J Neurooncol. 2017 Jun.133(2):331-338. Pubmedid: 28466250.
- Ellingson BM, Harris RJ, Woodworth DC, Leu K, Zaw O, Mason WP, Sahebjam S, Abrey LE, Aftab DT, Schwab GM, Hessel C, Lai A, Nghiemphu PL, Pope WB, Wen PY, Cloughesy TF. Baseline pretreatment contrast enhancing tumor volume including central necrosis is a prognostic factor in recurrent glioblastoma: evidence from single and multicenter trials. Neurooncol. 2017 Jan.19(1):89-98. Pubmedid: 27580889. Pmcid: PMC5193027.
- Sahebjam S, Forsyth PA, Smalley KS, Tran ND. Experimental Treatments for Leptomeningeal Metastases From Solid Malignancies. Cancer Control. 2017 Jan.24(1):42-46. Pubmedid: 28178711.
- Sahebjam S, Stallworth DG, Mokhtari S, Tran ND, Arrington JA. Assessing Response of High-Grade Gliomas to Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors. Cancer Control. 2017 Apr.24(2):180-186. Pubmedid: 28441372.
- Smalley KS, Fedorenko IV, Kenchappa R, Sahebjam S, Forsyth PA. Managing leptomeningeal melanoma metastases in the era of immune and targeted therapy. Int J Cancer. 2016 Sep.139(6):1195-1201. Pubmedid: 27084046. Pmcid: PMC4939138.
- Fedorenko IV, Evernden B, Kenchappa RS, Sahebjam S, Ryzhova E, Puskas J, McIntosh L, Caceres G, Magliocco A, Etame A, Harbour JW, Smalley KS, Forsyth PA. A rare case of leptomeningeal carcinomatosis in a patient with uveal melanoma: case report and review of literature. Melanoma Res. 2016 Oct.26(5):481-486. Pubmedid: 27285292. Pmcid: PMC5502096.
- Ahmed KA, Abuodeh YA, Echevarria MI, Arrington JA, Stallworth DG, Hogue C, Naghavi AO, Kim S, Kim Y, Patel BG, Sarangkasiri S, Johnstone PA, Sahebjam S, Khushalani NI, Forsyth PA, Harrison LB, Yu M, Etame AB, Caudell JJ. Clinical outcomes of melanoma brain metastases treated with stereotactic radiosurgery and anti-PD-1 therapy, anti-CTLA-4 therapy, BRAF/MEK inhibitors, BRAF inhibitor, or conventional chemotherapy. Ann Oncol. 2016 Dec.27(12):2288-2294. Pubmedid: 27637745.
- Ahmed KA, Sarangkasiri S, Chinnaiyan P, Sahebjam S, Yu HH, Etame AB, Rao NG. Outcomes Following Hypofractionated Stereotactic Radiotherapy in the Management of Brain Metastases. Am J Clin Oncol. 2016 Aug.39(4):379-383. Pubmedid: 24755663.
- Gounder MM, Nayak L, Sahebjam S, Muzikansky A, Sanchez AJ, Desideri S, Ye X, Ivy SP, Nabors LB, Prados M, Grossman S, DeAngelis LM, Wen PY. Evaluation of the Safety and Benefit of Phase I Oncology Trials for Patients With Primary CNS Tumors. J Clin Oncol. 2015 Oct.33(28):3186-3192. Pubmedid: 26282642. Pmcid: PMC4857195.
- Sahebjam S, Garoufalis E, Guiot MC, Muanza T, Del Maestro R, Petrecca K, Sharma R, Kavan P. Bevacizumab use for recurrent high-grade glioma at McGill University Hospital. Can J Neurol Sci. 2013 Mar.40(2):241-246. Pubmedid: 23419575.
- McNamara MG, Sahebjam S, Mason WP. Anaplastic oligodendroglioma: advances and treatment options. Curr Treat Options Neurol. 2013 Jun.15(3):289-301. Pubmedid: 23344797.
- Sahebjam S, Siu LL, Razak AA. The utility of hedgehog signaling pathway inhibition for cancer. Oncologist. 2013 Apr.17(8):1090-1099. Pubmedid: 22851551. Pmcid: PMC3425527.
- Sahebjam S, McNamara M, Mason WP. Management of glioblastoma in the elderly. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol. 2012 Jun.10(6):379-386. Pubmedid: 22895239.
- Sahebjam S, Aloyz R, Pilavdzic D, Brisson ML, Ferrario C, Bouganim N, Cohen V, Miller WH, Panasci LC. Ki 67 is a major, but not the sole determinant of Oncotype Dx recurrence score. Br J Cancer. 2011 Oct.105(9):1342-1345. Pubmedid: 21970880. Pmcid: PMC3241562.
- Atmuri V, Martin DC, Hemming R, Gutsol A, Byers S, Sahebjam S, Thliveris JA, Mort JS, Carmona E, Anderson JE, Dakshinamurti S, Triggs-Raine B. Hyaluronidase 3 (HYAL3) knockout mice do not display evidence of hyaluronan accumulation. Matrix Biol. 2008 Oct.27(8):653-660. Pubmedid: 18762256.
- Sahebjam S, Khokha R, Mort JS. Increased collagen and aggrecan degradation with age in the joints of Timp3(-/-) mice. Arthritis Rheum. 2007 Mar.56(3):905-909. Pubmedid: 17328064.
- Land C, Rauch F, Munns CF, Sahebjam S, Glorieux FH. Vertebral morphometry in children and adolescents with osteogenesis imperfecta: effect of intravenous pamidronate treatment. Bone. 2006 Oct.39(4):901-906. Pubmedid: 16730480.
- Mahmoodi M, Sahebjam S, Smookler D, Khokha R, Mort JS. Lack of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-3 results in an enhanced inflammatory response in antigen-induced arthritis. Am J Pathol. 2005 Jun.166(6):1733-1740. Pubmedid: 15920158. Pmcid: PMC1602404.
- Najmabadi H, Cucci RA, Sahebjam S, Kouchakian N, Farhadi M, Kahrizi K, Arzhangi S, Daneshmandan N, Javan K, Smith RJ. GJB2 mutations in Iranians with autosomal recessive non-syndromic sensorineural hearing loss. Hum Mutat. 2002 May.19(5):572. Pubmedid: 11968091.
- Najmabadi H, Karimi-Nejad R, Sahebjam S, Pourfarzad F, Teimourian S, Sahebjam F, Amirizadeh N, Karimi-Nejad MH. The beta-thalassemia mutation spectrum in the Iranian population. Hemoglobin. 2001 Aug.25(3):285-296. Pubmedid: 11570721.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.