Find a Doctor
Dr. Fradley is an attending cardiologist/electrophysiologist and an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine. He serves as the director of the joint USF-Moffitt Cancer Center Cardio-Oncology Program. He is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease, clinical cardiac electrophysiology, as well as Internal Medicine. He completed his undergraduate training, with a major in Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, at Yale University, where he graduated cum laude with distinction in major. He received his MD degree at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, and then remained at Johns Hopkins, completing his residency in Internal Medicine through the Osler Medical Residency Program. He then went on to complete fellowships in both Cardiology and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology at Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Fradley's current research interests involve the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease in cancer patients and survivors. He has published multiple articles and also served on many committees including the Massachusetts Medical Society Committee on Medical Education and the University of South Florida LCME Faculty Affairs committee. He is also heavily involved in medical education, teaching cardiovascular pathophysiology to second year medical students, and serving as the medical director for the Harvey Simulation course.
Education & Training
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School - Cardiology
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Johns Hopkins School of Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Johns Hopkins School of Medicine - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 19497
A Randomized, Crossover Phase 1 Study to Evaluate the Effects of Pevonedistat on the QTc Interval in Patients With Advanced Solid Tumors
Intervention: MLN4924 (Pevonedistat); Paraplatin (carboplatin); Pevonedistat; Taxol (paclitaxel); Taxotere (docetaxel); carboplatin; docetaxel; paclitaxel
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call
- Lee DH, Fradley MG. Cardiovascular Complications of Multiple Myeloma Treatment: Evaluation, Management, and Prevention. Curr Treat Options Cardiovasc Med. 2018 Mar;20(3):19. Pubmedid: 29508087.
- Guha A, Armanious M, Fradley MG. Update on cardio-oncology: Novel cancer therapeutics and associated cardiotoxicities. Trends Cardiovasc Med. 2018 Jun. Pubmedid: 29910109.
- Armanious MA, Mohammadi H, Khodor S, Oliver DE, Johnstone PA, Fradley MG. Cardiovascular effects of radiation therapy. Curr Prob Cancer. 2018 Jun. Pubmedid: 30006103.
- Medeiros BC, Possick J, Fradley M. Cardiovascular, pulmonary, and metabolic toxicities complicating tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy in chronic myeloid leukemia: Strategies for monitoring, detecting, and managing. Blood Rev. 2018 Jul;32(4):289-299. Pubmedid: 29454474.
- Buck HG, Hupcey J, Wang HL, Fradley M, Donovan KA, Watach A. Heart Failure Self-care Within the Context of Patient and Informal Caregiver Dyadic Engagement: A Mixed Methods Study. J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2018 Jul;33(4):384-391. Pubmedid: 29601368.
- Fradley MG, Groarke JD, Laubach J, Alsina M, Lenihan DJ, Cornell RF, Maglio M, Shain KH, Richardson PG, Moslehi J. Recurrent cardiotoxicity potentiated by the interaction of proteasome inhibitor and immunomodulatory therapy for the treatment of multiple myeloma. Brit J Haematol. 2018 Jan;180(2):271-275. Pubmedid: 29048105.
- Mahmood SS, Fradley MG, Cohen JV, Nohria A, Reynolds KL, Heinzerling LM, Sullivan RJ, Damrongwatanasuk R, Chen CL, Gupta D, Kirchberger MC, Awadalla M, Hassan MZO, Moslehi JJ, Shah SP, Ganatra S, Thavendiranathan P, Lawrence DP, Groarke JD, Neilan TG. Myocarditis in Patients Treated With Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018 Apr;71(16):1755-1764. Pubmedid: 29567210.
- Armanious MA, Mishra S, Fradley MG. Electrophysiologic Toxicity of Chemoradiation. Curr Oncol Rep. 2018 Apr;20(6):45. Pubmedid: 29644475.
- Fradley MG, Brown AC, Shields B, Viganego F, Damrongwatanasuk R, Patel AA, Hartlage G, Roper N, Jaunese J, Roy L, Ismail-Khan R. Developing a Comprehensive Cardio-Oncology Program at a Cancer Institute: The Moffitt Cancer Center Experience. Oncol Rev. 2017 Jul;11(2):340. Pubmedid: 28781723. Pmcid: PMC5523022.
- Sajjad M, Fradley M, Sun W, Kim J, Zhao X, Pal T, Ismail-Khan R. An Exploratory Study to Determine Whether BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutation Carriers Have Higher Risk of Cardiac Toxicity. Genes (Basel). 2017 Feb;8(2). Pubmedid: 28157161. Pmcid: PMC5333048.
- Fradley MG, Neilan TG. Cardiovascular Outcomes in Anthracycline-Related Cardiomyopathy: When a p Value of >0.05 Is a Good Outcome!. JACC Clin Electrophysiol. 2017 Feb;3(2):151-153. Pubmedid: 29759387.
- Fradley MG, Viganego F, Kip K, Martin A, Patel AA, Ismail-Khan R, Chae S, Herweg B, Labovitz A. Rates and risk of arrhythmias in cancer survivors with chemotherapy-induced cardiomyopathy compared with patients with other cardiomyopathies. Open Heart. 2017 Dec;4(2):e000701. Pubmedid: 29344369. Pmcid: PMC5761288.
- Damrongwatanasuk R, Fradley MG. Cardiovascular Complications of Targeted Therapies for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. Curr Treat Options Cardiovasc Med. 2017 Apr;19(4):24. Pubmedid: 28316033.
- Jeong D, Patel A, Francois CJ, Gage KL, Fradley MG. Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Oncology. Cancer Control. 2017 Apr;24(2):147-160. Pubmedid: 28441369.
- Diwadkar S, Patel AA, Fradley MG. Bortezomib-Induced Complete Heart Block and Myocardial Scar: The Potential Role of Cardiac Biomarkers in Monitoring Cardiotoxicity. Case Rep Cardiol. 2016 Mar;2016:3456287. Pubmedid: 26942019. Pmcid: PMC4749759.
- Lenihan DJ, Hartlage G, DeCara J, Blaes A, Finet JE, Lyon AR, Cornell F, Moslehi J, Oliviera G, Murtagh G, Fisch M, Zeevi G, Iakobishvili Z, Witteles R, Patel A, Harrison E, Fradley M, Curigliano G, Lenneman CG, Magalhaes A, Krone R, Porter C, Parasher S, Dent S, Douglas P, Carver J. Cardio-Oncology Training: A Proposal From the International Cardioncology Society and Canadian Cardiac Oncology Network for a New Multidisciplinary Specialty. J Card Fail. 2016 Jun;22(6):465-471. Pubmedid: 27038642.
- Fradley MG. The evolving field of cardio-oncology: beyond anthracyclines and heart failure. Eur Heart J. 2016 09;37(36):2740-2742. Pubmedid: 27694540.
- Fradley MG, Moslehi J. QT Prolongation and Oncology Drug Development. Card Electrophysiol Clin. 2015 Jun;7(2):341-355. Pubmedid: 26002398.
- Pinilla-Ibarz J, Sweet K, Emole J, Fradley M. Long-term BCR-ABL1 Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Therapy in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. Anticancer Res. 2015 Dec;35(12):6355-6364. Pubmedid: 26637844.
- Fradley MG, Barrett CD, Clark JR, Francis SA. Ventricular fibrillation cardiac arrest due to 5-fluorouracil cardiotoxicity. Tex Heart Inst J. 2013 Oct;40(4):472-476. Pubmedid: 24082383. Pmcid: PMC3783134.
- Fradley MG, Thakuria JV, Collins AB, Moore SA, Stone JR. Direct tissue evaluation via immunofluorescence: in the diagnosis of hereditary transthyretin cardiac amyloidosis. Tex Heart Inst J. 2012 Mar;39(1):71-75. Pubmedid: 22412233. Pmcid: PMC3298917.
- Coglianese EE, Larson MG, Vasan RS, Ho JE, Ghorbani A, McCabe EL, Cheng S, Fradley MG, Kretschman D, Gao W, O'Connor G, Wang TJ, Januzzi JL. Distribution and clinical correlates of the interleukin receptor family member soluble ST2 in the Framingham Heart Study. Clin Chem. 2012 Dec;58(12):1673-1681. Pubmedid: 23065477. Pmcid: PMC3557515.
- Fradley MG, Drachman DE. A Rare Case of Acute Myocardial Infarction due to Coronary Artery Dissection and Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia. Case Rep Med. 2012 Aug;2012:196020. Pubmedid: 22719771. Pmcid: PMC3375156.
- Fradley MG, Larson MG, Cheng S, McCabe E, Coglianese E, Shah RV, Levy D, Vasan RS, Wang TJ. Reference limits for N-terminal-pro-B-type natriuretic peptide in healthy individuals (from the Framingham Heart Study). Am J Cardiol. 2011 Nov;108(9):1341-1345. Pubmedid: 21864812. Pmcid: PMC3209520.
- Kittleson MM, Bead V, Fradley M, St John ME, Champion HC, Kasper EK, Russell SD, Wittstein IS, Hare JM. Elevated uric acid levels predict allograft vasculopathy in cardiac transplant recipients. J Heart Lung Transpl. 2007 May;26(5):498-503. Pubmedid: 17449420.