Find a Doctor
Krupal Patel, MD
Program: Head and Neck Oncology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Types Treated: Merkel Cell Carcinoma , Oral Cavity or Throat Cancer , Skin Cancer (Nonmelanoma) , Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Throat Cancer, Thyroid Cancer , Tongue Cancer, Basal Cell Carcinoma , Head and Neck Cancer , Melanoma
Dr. Krupal Patel is an Assistant Member in the Department of Head and Neck–Endocrine Oncology. Dr. Patel received his MD degree at the College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan. He concurrently completed a Residency in the Department of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery, and a Master of Science degree in Surgery at Western University, London, Ontario, Canada. He recently completed a Head and Neck Microvascular Reconstruction Fellowship at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in Columbus. Dr. Patel’s clinical interests include the management of oral cavity/oropharynx/larynx cancers, salivary gland neoplasms, thyroid cancers, melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers in the head and neck region, and sinonasal cancers. His clinical research interests focus on the development of transoral robotic surgery and improvement in microvascular reconstructive surgeries for head and neck cancers. Dr. Patel’s translational research focuses on developing biomarkers for use in genomic analyses that predict the impact of therapeutic interventions on clinical and quality-of-life outcomes.
Education & Training
- Western University -
- University of Saskatchewan -
- Patel KB, Lin C, Kramer S, Fada C, Ozer E. Transoral robotic excision of laryngocele: Surgical considerations. Head Neck. 2019 Jan. Pubmedid: 30652374.
- Patel KB, Nichols AC, Fung K, Yoo J, MacNeil SD. Treatment of early stage Supraglottic squamous cell carcinoma: meta-analysis comparing primary surgery versus primary radiotherapy. J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2018 Mar;47(1):19. Pubmedid: 29506564. Pmcid: PMC5839014.
- van der Woerd B, Patel KB, Nichols AC, Fung K, Yoo J, MacNeil SD. Functional outcomes in early (T1/T2) supraglottic cancer: a systematic review. J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2018 Dec;47(1):76. Pubmedid: 30563567. Pmcid: PMC6299571.
- Pinto N, Black M, Patel K, Yoo J, Mymryk JS, Barrett JW, Nichols AC. Genomically driven precision medicine to improve outcomes in anaplastic thyroid cancer. J Oncol. 2014 Oct;2014:936285. Pubmedid: 25276134. Pmcid: PMC4170827.