Find a Doctor
Jameel Muzaffar, MD
Specialty: Medical Oncology
Program: Head and Neck Oncology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Dr. Jameel Muzaffar is an Assistant Member in the Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Head and Neck-Endocrine Oncology. Dr. Muzaffar received his MBBS degree from Maulana Azad Medical College in India. He completed an Internal Medicine Residency at St. Mary’s Health Service in St. Louis, MO. Dr. Muzaffar was employed at the Myeloma Institute of Research and Therapy at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences at the rank of Assistant Professor. He also served as the Physician Director of Infusion 4, Winthrop Rockefeller Cancer Institute. Dr. Muzaffar was previously employed at Moffitt Cancer Center in the Department of Internal Medicine/Internal & Hospital Medicine Program. He recently completed a Clinical Fellowship in Hematology-Oncology at the University of Florida, Gainesville. Dr. Muzaffar’s clinical interest includes taking care of patients with advanced stage head and neck cancers and endocrine cancers. His clinical focus is developing a multi-disciplinary care approach involving radiation oncology, surgery, medical oncology, nutrition, speech pathology, pharmacy, palliative care, and social work to provide comprehensive care to head and neck cancer and thyroid cancer patients. His research interest is in developing new therapy options for patients with advanced stage cancers and to bring innovative trials for the benefit of these patients.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- University of Florida at Gainesville - Hematology Oncology
- Maulanza Asad Medical College - Internal Medicine
- St. Mary's Health Center - Internal Medicine
- Maulanza Asad Medical College - MBBS
CLINICAL TRIAL 19814
A Phase 2, Open-Label, Single-Arm, Multi-Center Study of Al101 (BMS-906024) in Patients with Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma (ACC) Bearing Activating Notch Mutations
Condition: Head & Neck
Intervention: AL101 (); BMS-906024 (AL101)
CLINICAL TRIAL 20274
A Phase II/III Randomized Study of Maintenance Nivolumab versus Observation in Patients with Locally Advanced, Intermediate Risk HPV Positive OPCA
Condition: Head & Neck
Intervention: BMS-936558 (Nivolumab); Nivolumab (); Radiotherapy (); cisplatin ()
- Bari S, Muzaffar J, Chan A, Jain SR, Haider AM, Adams Curry M, Hostler CJ. Outcomes of Programmed Cell Death Protein 1 (PD-1) and Programmed Death-Ligand 1(PD-L1) Inhibitor Therapy in HIV Patients with Advanced Cancer. J Oncol. 2019 Jan;2019:2989048. Pubmedid: 31275380. Pmcid: PMC6582789.
- Khan AM, Muzaffar J, Murthy H, Wingard JR, Moreb JS. Corrigendum to "Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia following Lenalidomide Maintenance for Multiple Myeloma: Two Cases with Unexpected Presentation and Good Prognostic Features". Case Rep Hematol. 2019 Aug;2019:1548610. Pubmedid: 31467738. Pmcid: PMC6701371.
- Bari S, Muzaffar J, Chan A, Jain SR, Haider AM, Adams Curry M, Hostler CJ. Corrigendum to "Outcomes of Programmed Cell Death Protein 1 (PD-1) and Programmed Death-Ligand 1 (PD-L1) Inhibitor Therapy in HIV Patients with Advanced Cancer". J Oncol. 2019 Aug;2019:7921582. Pubmedid: 31531021. Pmcid: PMC6719266.
- Nguyen TC, Bajwa R, Bari S, Ali A, Paul Skelton W, Federico RA, Bishnoi R, Wray JW, Zlotecki RA, Dang LH, Muzaffar J. Stereotactic body radiation therapy for the treatment of oligoprogression on androgen receptor targeted therapy in castration-resistant prostate cancer. Oxf Med Case Reports. 2018 Jan.2018(1):omx078. Pubmedid: 29340160. Pmcid: PMC5761507.
- Khan AM, Muzaffar J, Murthy H, Wingard JR, Moreb JS. Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia following Lenalidomide Maintenance for Multiple Myeloma: Two Cases with Unexpected Presentation and Good Prognostic Features. Case Rep Hematol. 2018 Feb.2018:9052314. Pubmedid: 29785311. Pmcid: PMC5896379.
- Best J, Muzaffar J, Mitchell-Innes A. Quality of information available via the internet for patients with head and neck cancer: are we improving?. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2015 Nov;272(11):3499-3505. Pubmedid: 25370600.
- Hardman J, Muzaffar J, Nankivell P, Coulson C. Tympanoplasty for Chronic Tympanic Membrane Perforation in Children: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Otol Neurotol. 2015 Jun;36(5):796-804. Pubmedid: 25899552.
- Abdallah AO, Atrash S, Shahid Z, Jameel M, Grazziutti M, Apewokin S, Kumar NS, Restrepo A, Waheed S, Van Rhee F, Heuck CJ, Johann D, Barlogie B, Usmani SZ. Patterns of central nervous system involvement in relapsed and refractory multiple myeloma. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2014 Jun;14(3):211-214. Pubmedid: 24373936.
- Usmani SZ, Sawyer J, Rosenthal A, Cottler-Fox M, Epstein J, Yaccoby S, Sexton R, Hoering A, Singh Z, Heuck CJ, Waheed S, Chauhan N, Johann D, Abdallah AO, Muzaffar J, Petty N, Bailey C, Crowley J, van Rhee F, Barlogie B. Risk factors for MDS and acute leukemia following total therapy 2 and 3 for multiple myeloma. Blood. 2013 Jun;121(23):4753-4757. Pubmedid: 23603914. Pmcid: PMC3674673.
- Muzaffar J, Katragadda L, Haider S, Abdallah AO, Anaissie E, Usmani SZ. Waldenström's macroglobulinemia associated with serum amyloid A protein amyloidosis: pitfalls in diagnosis and successful treatment with melphalan-based autologous stem cell transplant. Acta Haematol. 2013 Dec;130(3):146-149. Pubmedid: 23689541.
- Abdallah AO, Atrash S, Muzaffar J, Abdallah M, Kumar M, Van Rhee F, Barlogie B. Successful treatment of Bing-Neel syndrome using intrathecal chemotherapy and systemic combination chemotherapy followed by BEAM auto-transplant: a case report and review of literature. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2013 Aug;13(4):502-506. Pubmedid: 23747080.
- Katragadda L, Shahid Z, Restrepo A, Muzaffar J, Alapat D, Anaissie E. Preemptive intravenous immunoglobulin allows safe and timely administration of antineoplastic therapies in patients with multiple myeloma and parvovirus B19 disease. Transpl Infect Dis. 2013 Aug;15(4):354-360. Pubmedid: 23578205.
- Abdallah AO, Westfall C, Brown H, Muzaffar J, Atrash S, Nair B. Unilateral conjunctival AL kappa amyloidosis with trace evidence of systemic amyloidosis. Am J Case Rep. 2013 Apr;13:102-105. Pubmedid: 23569501. Pmcid: PMC3615912.
- Muzaffar J, Usmani S, Abdallah AO, Anaissie E, Cottler-Fox M, Restrepo A. High-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplantation for multiple myeloma in HIV-positive patients in the highly active antiretroviral therapy era: the myeloma institute of research and therapy experience. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2013 Apr;13(2):171-174. Pubmedid: 23313066.
- Muzaffar J, Katragadda L, Haider S, Javed A, Anaissie E, Usmani S. Rituximab and intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) for the management of acquired factor VIII inhibitor in multiple myeloma: case report and review of literature. Int J Hematol. 2012 Jan;95(1):102-106. Pubmedid: 22170228.
- Pillai U, Muzaffar J, Uppaluri C. Peripheral arterial thrombosis with presence of anti-centromere antibodies and polycythemia vera. Mo Med. 2009 Sep;106(5):369-372. Pubmedid: 19902720.
- Pillai U, Muzaffar J, Sen S, Yancey A. Grapefruit juice and verapamil: a toxic cocktail. South Med J. 2009 Mar;102(3):308-309. Pubmedid: 19204629.
- Singh P, Singla M, Gupta N, Muzaffar J, Babu R, Sakhuja P, Aggarwal A, Kar P. Inflammatory pseudotumour of the liver: a diagnostic dilemma. Trop Gastroenterol. 2008 Jan;29(1):40-43. Pubmedid: 18564668.
- Muzaffar J, Venkata Krishnan P, Gupta N, Kar P. Dengue encephalitis: why we need to identify this entity in a dengue-prone region. Singapore Med J. 2006 Nov;47(11):975-977. Pubmedid: 17075667.
- Gupta N, Krishnan PV, Muzaffar J, Arora A, Anuradha S, Gondal R, Agarwal A, Kar P. Cystic ductal adenocarcinoma of pancreas: an unusual variant. Trop Gastroenterol. 2006 Jul;27(3):131-133. Pubmedid: 17310557.
- Muzaffar J, Madan K, Sharma MP, Kar P. Randomized, single-blind, placebo-controlled multicenter trial to compare the efficacy and safety of metronidazole and satranidazole in patients with amebic liver abscess. Digest Dis Sci. 2006 Dec;51(12):2270-2273. Pubmedid: 17103040.