Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Ibrahim halil Sahin, MD
Specialty: Medical Oncology
Program: Gastrointestinal Oncology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Anal Cancer, Colon Cancer, Colorectal Cancer , Pancreatic Cancer , Rectal Cancer
Dr. Sahin received his MD degree from Hacettepe University School of Medicine in Ankara, Turkey. He completed 2 years of postdoctoral fellowship in Gastrointestinal Oncology Department/Experimental Therapeutics Department at MD Anderson Cancer Center. He completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai followed by a Hematology/Oncology Fellowship at Emory University School of Medicine. Dr. Sahin received ASCO Conquer Cancer Merit Award and Rochfort scholarship during his Hematology/Oncology fellowship training. He was also selected to participate prestigious AACR/ASCO Methods in Clinical Research Workshop in 2019. Dr. Sahin’s clinical and research interests focus on colorectal and pancreatic cancer and designing clinical trials with immunotherapy and targeted therapy.
Education & Training
- Emory University School of Medicine - Hematology/Oncology
- UT MD Anderson Cancer Center -
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital - Internal Medicine
- Hacettepe University School of Medicine - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 20907
Investigation of molecular and clinical biomarkers of colorectal and pancreatic cancer in flatiron database
Condition: Gastrointestinal Tumor
- Sahin IH. Precision medicine for gastrointestinal cancers: a conference report. Future Sci OA. 2020 May.6(6):FSO478. Pubmedid: 32670606. Pmcid: PMC7351088.
- Sahin IH, Kane SR, Brutcher E, Guadagno J, Smith KE, Wu C, Lesinski GB, Gunthel CJ, El-Rayes BF. Safety and Efficacy of Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors in Patients With Cancer Living With HIV: A Perspective on Recent Progress and Future Needs. JCO Oncol Pract. 2020 Jun.16(6):319-325. Pubmedid: 32160138.
- Das S, Ciombor KK, Haraldsdottir S, Pumpalova Y, Sahin IH, Pineda G, Shyr Y, Lin EP, Hsu CY, Chu SK, Goff LW, Cardin DB, Bilen MA, Fisher GA, Wu C, Berlin J. Immune-Related Adverse Events and Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Efficacy in Patients with Gastrointestinal Cancer with Food and Drug Administration-Approved Indications for Immunotherapy. Oncologist. 2020 Jan.25(8):669-679. Pubmedid: 31943525. Pmcid: PMC7418359.
- Guler I, Askan G, Klostergaard J, Sahin IH. Precision medicine for metastatic colorectal cancer: an evolving era. Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019 Oct.13(10):919-931. Pubmedid: 31475851.
- Sahin IH, Akce M, Alese O, Shaib W, Lesinski GB, El-Rayes B, Wu C. Immune checkpoint inhibitors for the treatment of MSI-H/MMR-D colorectal cancer and a perspective on resistance mechanisms. Brit J Cancer. 2019 Nov.121(10):809-818. Pubmedid: 31607751. Pmcid: PMC6889302.
- Uzunparmak B, Sahin IH. Pancreatic cancer microenvironment: a current dilemma. Clin Transl Med. 2019 Jan.8(1):2. Pubmedid: 30645701. Pmcid: PMC6333596.
- Uzunparmak B, Sahin IH. Comment on "ERK and p38MAPK combine to improve survival in patients with BRAF mutant colorectal cancer". Brit J Cancer. 2018 Oct.119(7):908. Pubmedid: 30297772. Pmcid: PMC6189067.
- Hu ZI, Shia J, Stadler ZK, Varghese AM, Capanu M, Salo-Mullen E, Lowery MA, Diaz LA, Mandelker D, Yu KH, Zervoudakis A, Kelsen DP, Iacobuzio-Donahue CA, Klimstra DS, Saltz LB, Sahin IH, O'Reilly EM. Evaluating Mismatch Repair Deficiency in Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma: Challenges and Recommendations. Clin Cancer Res. 2018 Mar.24(6):1326-1336. Pubmedid: 29367431. Pmcid: PMC5856632.
- Sahin IH, Elias H, Chou JF, Capanu M, O'Reilly EM. Pancreatic adenocarcinoma: insights into patterns of recurrence and disease behavior. BMC Cancer. 2018 Jul.18(1):769. Pubmedid: 30055578. Pmcid: PMC6064173.
- Sahin IH, Elias H. Molecular Profiling of Pancreatic Cancer Patients-Letter. Clin Cancer Res. 2018 Dec.24(24):6611. Pubmedid: 30552236.
- Sahin IH, Askan G, Hu ZI, O'Reilly EM. Immunotherapy in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: an emerging entity?. Ann Oncol. 2017 Dec.28(12):2950-2961. Pubmedid: 28945842. Pmcid: PMC5834032.
- Sahin IH, Iacobuzio-Donahue CA, O'Reilly EM. Molecular signature of pancreatic adenocarcinoma: an insight from genotype to phenotype and challenges for targeted therapy. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2016 Sep.20(3):341-359. Pubmedid: 26439702. Pmcid: PMC4985526.
- Sahin IH, Klostergaard J. CD44 as a drug delivery target in human cancers: where are we now?. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2016 Sep.19(12):1587-1591. Pubmedid: 26374284.
- Sobani ZA, Sawant A, Jafri M, Correa AK, Sahin IH. Oncogenic fingerprint of epidermal growth factor receptor pathway and emerging epidermal growth factor receptor blockade resistance in colorectal cancer. World J Clin Oncol. 2016 Oct.7(5):340-351. Pubmedid: 27777877. Pmcid: PMC5056326.
- Sahin IH, Geyer AI, Kelly DW, O'Reilly EM. Gemcitabine-Related Pneumonitis in Pancreas Adenocarcinoma--An Infrequent Event: Elucidation of Risk Factors and Management Implications. Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2016 Mar.15(1):24-31. Pubmedid: 26395520. Pmcid: PMC4981480.
- Sahin IH, Lowery MA, Stadler ZK, Salo-Mullen E, Iacobuzio-Donahue CA, Kelsen DP, O'Reilly EM. Genomic instability in pancreatic adenocarcinoma: a new step towards precision medicine and novel therapeutic approaches. Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016 Aug.10(8):893-905. Pubmedid: 26881472. Pmcid: PMC4988832.
- Sahin IH, Uzunparmak B. Comment on: α-smooth muscle actin expression and desmoplastic stromal reaction in pancreatic cancer: results from the CONKO-001 study. Brit J Cancer. 2015 May.112(11):1838. Pubmedid: 25602961. Pmcid: PMC4647247.
- Tanasanvimon S, Garg N, Viswanathan C, Truong M, Kaur H, Kee BK, Sahin IH, Javle MM, Garrett CR. High prevalence of recurrent thrombosis in subsets of cancer patients with isolated gonadal vein thrombosis: a single center retrospective study. Thromb Res. 2014 Feb.133(2):154-157. Pubmedid: 24331209.
- Sahin IH, Hassan MM, Garrett CR. Impact of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on gastrointestinal cancers: current state-of-the science. Cancer Lett. 2014 Apr.345(2):249-257. Pubmedid: 24021750.
- Kaseb AO, Shama M, Sahin IH, Nooka A, Hassabo HM, Vauthey JN, Aloia T, Abbruzzese JL, Subbiah IM, Janku F, Curley S, Hassan MM. Prognostic indicators and treatment outcome in 94 cases of fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncology-Basel. 2013 Nov.85(4):197-203. Pubmedid: 24051705. Pmcid: PMC3913463.
- Sahin IH, Oktay AA. EGFR signalling and oncogenic pathway signature in colorectal cancer. Gut. 2013 Nov.62(11):1670. Pubmedid: 23532175.
- Sahin IH. The impact of aspirin use on colorectal cancer patients. Eur J Cancer. 2013 Jun.49(9):2274-2275. Pubmedid: 23541569.
- Sahin IH. Obesity, bisphosphonates, and colorectal cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2013 Jul.31(20):2639. Pubmedid: 23715564.
- Sahin IH, Garrett C. Aspirin, PIK3CA mutation, and colorectal-cancer survival. N Engl J Med. 2013 Jan.368(3):289. Pubmedid: 23323915.
- Sahin HI, Kaseb A. A comment on 'A morpho-molecular prognostic model for hepatocellular carcinoma'. Brit J Cancer. 2013 Feb.108(3):740. Pubmedid: 23422789. Pmcid: PMC3593531.
- Oktay AA, Alpay SN, Sahin IH. Re: Risks of colorectal and other cancers after endometrial cancer for women with Lynch syndrome. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2013 Dec.105(23):1837. Pubmedid: 24168969.
- Sahin IH, Kazmi SM, Yorio JT, Bhadkamkar NA, Kee BK, Garrett CR. Rare Though Not Mutually Exclusive: A Report of Three Cases of Concomitant KRAS and BRAF Mutation and a Review of the Literature. J Cancer. 2013 Apr.4(4):320-322. Pubmedid: 23569465. Pmcid: PMC3619093.
- Tekedereli I, Alpay SN, Tavares CD, Cobanoglu ZE, Kaoud TS, Sahin I, Sood AK, Lopez-Berestein G, Dalby KN, Ozpolat B. Targeted silencing of elongation factor 2 kinase suppresses growth and sensitizes tumors to doxorubicin in an orthotopic model of breast cancer. PLoS One. 2012 Jul.7(7):e41171. Pubmedid: 22911754. Pmcid: PMC3401164.
- Sahin IH, Shama MA, Tanaka M, Abbruzzese JL, Curley SA, Hassan M, Li D. Association of diabetes and perineural invasion in pancreatic cancer. Cancer Med. 2012 Dec.1(3):357-362. Pubmedid: 23342285. Pmcid: PMC3544459.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.