Find a Doctor Search
Dr. Yu is board certified in Radiation Oncology and in Hospice and Palliative Medicine. His clinical interests include radiotherapy and stereotactic treatment for brain and spine tumors as well as radiotherapy for palliation to improve symptoms and quality of life in patients with advanced and metastatic cancers. His research interests focus on improving therapeutic outcomes using advanced radiation techniques including stereotactic radiosurgery and hypofractionated radiotherapy for brain and spine tumors. In addition, his has special interest is in integration of radiotherapy in palliative care to improve the quality and efficiency of palliative care.
Education & Training
- Radiation Oncology
- Johns Hopkins Hospital - Radiation Oncology
- Johns Hopkins Hospital - Radiation Oncology
- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 17978
A Phase I Trial of Hypofractionated Stereotactic Irradiation (HFSRT) with MK-3475 and Bevacizumab in Patients with Recurrent High Grade Gliomas
Condition: Neurologic Oncology
Intervention: Avastin (Bevacizumab); Bevacizumab; Pembrolizumab (Keytruda)
CLINICAL TRIAL 18999
Early Detection of Cancer Progression: Leveraging Team Science
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call
- Yin CY, Yu HM, Wang JP, Huang YC, Huang TF, Chang MC. Long-term follow-up of Dupuytren disease after injection of triamcinolone acetonide in Chinese patients in Taiwan. J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2017 Sep;42(7):678-682. Pubmedid: 28183220.
- Choi CYH, Wakelee HA, Neal JW, Pinder-Schenck MC, Yu HM, Chang SD, Adler JR, Modlin LA, Harsh GR, Soltys SG. Vorinostat and Concurrent Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Brain Metastases: A Phase 1 Dose Escalation Trial. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017 Sep;99(1):16-21. Pubmedid: 28816142.
- Johnstone PAS, Lee J, Zhou JM, Ma Z, Portman D, Jim H, Yu HM. A modified Edmonton Symptom Assessment Scale for symptom clusters in radiation oncology patients. Cancer Med. 2017 Sep;6(9):2034-2041. Pubmedid: 28776964. Pmcid: PMC5603842.
- Chinnaiyan P, Won M, Wen PY, Rojiani AM, Werner-Wasik M, Shih HA, Ashby LS, Yu HM, Stieber VW, Malone SC, Fiveash JB, Mohile NA, Ahluwalia MS, Wendland MM, Stella PJ, Kee AY, Mehta MP. A randomized phase II study of everolimus in combination with chemoradiation in newly diagnosed glioblastoma: Results of NRG Oncology RTOG 0913. Neurooncol. 2017 Nov. Pubmedid: 29126203.
- Ahmed KA, Kim S, Arrington J, Naghavi AO, Dilling TJ, Creelan BC, Antonia SJ, Caudell JJ, Harrison LB, Sahebjam S, Gray JE, Etame AB, Johnstone PA, Yu M, Perez BA. Outcomes targeting the PD-1/PD-L1 axis in conjunction with stereotactic radiation for patients with non-small cell lung cancer brain metastases. J Neurooncol. 2017 Jun;133(2):331-338. Pubmedid: 28466250.
- Ahmed KA, Berglund AE, Welsh EA, Naghavi AO, Kim Y, Yu M, Robinson TJ, Eschrich SA, Johnstone PA, Torres-Roca JF. The radiosensitivity of brain metastases based upon primary histology utilizing a multigene index of tumor radiosensitivity. Neurooncol. 2017 Aug;19(8):1145-1146. Pubmedid: 28379582. Pmcid: PMC5570253.
- Abuodeh Y, Ahmed KA, Naghavi AO, Venkat PS, Sarangkasiri S, Johnstone PA, Etame AB, Yu HM. Postoperative Stereotactic Radiosurgery Using 5-Gy × 5 Sessions in the Management of Brain Metastases. World Neurosurg. 2016 Jun;90:58-65. Pubmedid: 26921701.
- Ahmed KA, Abuodeh YA, Echevarria MI, Arrington JA, Stallworth DG, Hogue C, Naghavi AO, Kim S, Kim Y, Patel BG, Sarangkasiri S, Johnstone PA, Sahebjam S, Khushalani NI, Forsyth PA, Harrison LB, Yu M, Etame AB, Caudell JJ. Clinical outcomes of melanoma brain metastases treated with stereotactic radiosurgery and anti-PD-1 therapy, anti-CTLA-4 therapy, BRAF/MEK inhibitors, BRAF inhibitor, or conventional chemotherapy. Ann Oncol. 2016 Dec;27(12):2288-2294. Pubmedid: 27637745.
- Patel BG, Ahmed KA, Johnstone PA, Yu HM, Etame AB. Initial experience with combined BRAF and MEK inhibition with stereotactic radiosurgery for BRAF mutant melanoma brain metastases. Melanoma Res. 2016 Aug;26(4):382-386. Pubmedid: 26926151.
- Ahmed KA, Sarangkasiri S, Chinnaiyan P, Sahebjam S, Yu HH, Etame AB, Rao NG. Outcomes Following Hypofractionated Stereotactic Radiotherapy in the Management of Brain Metastases. Am J Clin Oncol. 2016 Aug;39(4):379-383. Pubmedid: 24755663.
- Ahmed KA, Freilich JM, Abuodeh Y, Figura N, Patel N, Sarangkasiri S, Chinnaiyan P, Yu HH, Etame AB, Rao NG. Fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy to the post-operative cavity for radioresistant and radiosensitive brain metastases. J Neurooncol. 2014 May;118(1):179-186. Pubmedid: 24604750.
- Chinnaiyan P, Chowdhary S, Potthast L, Prabhu A, Tsai YY, Sarcar B, Kahali S, Brem S, Yu HM, Rojiani A, Murtagh R, Pan E. Phase I trial of vorinostat combined with bevacizumab and CPT-11 in recurrent glioblastoma. Neurooncol. 2012 Jan;14(1):93-100. Pubmedid: 22028388. Pmcid: PMC3246000.
- Devito N, Yu M, Chen R, Pan E. Retrospective study of patients with brain metastases from melanoma receiving concurrent whole-brain radiation and temozolomide. Anticancer Res. 2011 Dec;31(12):4537-4543. Pubmedid: 22199328.
- Yu M, Bui M, Gulati P, Masood S. Lipogranuloma. Breast J. 7(5):363-364. Pubmedid: 11906448.
- Yu M, Bui M, Bridges M, Masood S. Papillary carcinoma. Breast J. 7(1):68-69. Pubmedid: 11348420.