Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Chetasi Talati, MD
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Leukemia , MDS, Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS)
Dr. Talati is an Assistant Member at Moffitt Cancer Center in the Department of Malignant Hematology. She earned her MD from American University of Antigua College of Medicine (Kasturba Medical College, India), completed an Internal Medicine Residency at University at Buffalo (SUNY Buffalo), and completed a Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship at the University of South Florida College of Medicine and Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Talati’s clinical interests include management of patients with myeloid malignancies with a focus on Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML), Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML), and Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS). Dr. Talati’s research interests include optimizing the current prognostic systems and treatment strategies for patients with myeloid malignancies, with particular interest in designing early phase clinical trials for patients with AML.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- USF/Moffitt Cancer Center - Hematology Oncology
- University of Buffalo - Internal Medicine
- American University of Antigua College of Medicine - MD
- Melody M, Kuykendall A, Sallman D, Al Ali N, Zhang L, Talati C, Padron E, Sweet K, Extermann M, List A, Lancet J, Komrokji R. Defining Acute Myeloid Leukemia Ontogeny in Older Patients. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2020 May.20(5):312-315. Pubmedid: 32139296.
- Talati C, Goldberg AD, Przespolewski A, Chan O, Ali NA, Kim J, Famulare C, Sallman D, Padron E, Kuykendall A, Lancet JE, Wang E, Tallman MS, Komrokji R, Sweet K. Comparison of induction strategies and responses for acute myeloid leukemia patients after resistance to hypomethylating agents for antecedent myeloid malignancy. Leuk Res. 2020 Jun.93:106367. Pubmedid: 32408060.
- Castillo-Tokumori F, Talati C, Al Ali N, Sallman D, Yun S, Sweet K, Padron E, Lancet J, Komrokji R, Kuykendall AT. Retrospective Analysis of the Clinical Use and Benefit of Lenalidomide and Thalidomide in Myelofibrosis. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2020 Jul.20(12):e956-e960. Pubmedid: 32778513.
- Talati C, Dhulipala VC, Extermann M, Al Ali N, Kim J, Komrokji R, Sweet K, Kuykendall A, Sehovic M, Reljic T, Djulbegovic B, Lancet JE. Comparisons of commonly used front-line regimens on survival outcomes in patients aged 70 years and older with acute myeloid leukemia. Haematologica. 2020 Jan.105(2):398-406. Pubmedid: 31073071. Pmcid: PMC7012500.
- Asghari H, Talati C. Tumor protein 53 mutations in acute myeloid leukemia: conventional induction chemotherapy or novel therapeutics. Curr Opin Hematol. 2020 Jan.27(2):66-75. Pubmedid: 31922971.
- Talati C, Frantz D, Lubas A, Salamanca C, Tobon K, Kubal T. How I treat newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia in an outpatient setting: a multidisciplinary team perspective. Future Oncol. 2020 Jan.16(7):281-291. Pubmedid: 31985277.
- Mangaonkar AA, Swoboda DM, Coltro G, Lasho TL, Novotny PJ, Pophali P, Carr RM, Binder M, Finke CM, Gangat N, Al-Kali A, Begna KH, Reichard KK, Ketterling RP, Al Ali NH, Vafaii P, Zhang L, Padron E, Talati C, Patnaik MM. Clinicopathologic characteristics, prognostication and treatment outcomes for myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasm, unclassifiable (MDS/MPN-U): Mayo Clinic-Moffitt Cancer Center study of 135 consecutive patients. Leukemia. 2020 Feb.34(2):656-661. Pubmedid: 31511613.
- Chan O, Talati C, Isenalumhe L, Shams S, Nodzon L, Fradley M, Sweet K, Pinilla-Ibarz J. Side-effects profile and outcomes of ponatinib in the treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia. Blood Adv. 2020 Feb.4(3):530-538. Pubmedid: 32045474. Pmcid: PMC7013263.
- Elmeliegy M, Den Haese J, Talati C, Wetzler M, Jusko WJ. Towards better combination regimens of cytarabine and FLT3 inhibitors in acute myeloid leukemia. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2020 Aug.86(3):325-337. Pubmedid: 32748108. Pmcid: PMC7539618.
- Schwabkey ZI, Al Ali N, Chan O, Sallman DA, Padron E, Kuykendall AT, Talati C, Sweet K, Lancet JE, Komrokji RS. Fluorescence in Situ Hybridization (FISH) Utility for Risk Score Assessment in Patients With MDS With Normal Metaphase Karyotype. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2020 Aug. Pubmedid: 33093008.
- Pavlovsky C, Chan O, Talati C, Pinilla-Ibarz J. Ponatinib in the treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia and philadelphia chromosome positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Future Oncol. 2019 Jan.15(3):257-269. Pubmedid: 30251548.
- Andrew K, Talati C, Padron E, Sweet K, Sallman D, List AF, Lancet JE, Komrokji RS. Genetically inspired prognostic scoring system (GIPSS) outperforms dynamic international prognostic scoring system (DIPSS) in myelofibrosis patients. Am J Hematol. 2019 Jan.94(1):87-92. Pubmedid: 30390311.
- Kuykendall AT, Talati C, Padron E, Sweet K, Lancet JE, List AF, Sallman D, Komrokji RS. Driver mutation-specific clinical and genomic correlates differ between primary and secondary myelofibrosis. Am J Hematol. 2019 Dec.94(12):E314-E317. Pubmedid: 31444809.
- Chan O, Talati C, Sweet K, Pinilla-Ibarz J. Can increased immunogenicity in chronic myeloid leukemia improve outcomes?. Expert Rev Hematol. 2019 Apr.12(4):225-233. Pubmedid: 30855193.
- Talati C, Sallman D, List AF. SOHO State of the Art and Next Questions: Management of Myelodysplastic Syndromes With Deletion 5q. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2018 Oct.18(10):629-635. Pubmedid: 30097406.
- Talati C, Sweet K. Recently approved therapies in acute myeloid leukemia: A complex treatment landscape. Leuk Res. 2018 Oct.73:58-66. Pubmedid: 30223250.
- Talati C, Sweet KL. Nuclear transport inhibition in acute myeloid leukemia: recent advances and future perspectives. Int J Hematol Oncol. 2018 Oct.7(3):IJH04. Pubmedid: 30405902. Pmcid: PMC6219429.
- Talati C, Lancet JE. CPX-351: changing the landscape of treatment for patients with secondary acute myeloid leukemia. Future Oncol. 2018 May.14(12):1147-1154. Pubmedid: 29378418.
- Kuykendall AT, Shah S, Talati C, Al Ali N, Sweet K, Padron E, Sallman DA, Lancet JE, List AF, Zuckerman KS, Komrokji RS. Between a rux and a hard place: evaluating salvage treatment and outcomes in myelofibrosis after ruxolitinib discontinuation. Ann Hematol. 2018 Mar.97(3):435-441. Pubmedid: 29189896.
- Talati C, Pinilla-Ibarz J. Resistance in chronic myeloid leukemia: definitions and novel therapeutic agents. Curr Opin Hematol. 2018 Mar.25(2):154-161. Pubmedid: 29266016.
- Sandoval-Sus JD, Chavez JC, Dalia S, Naqvi SMH, Talati C, Nodzon L, Kharfan-Dabaja MA, Pinilla-Ibarz J. Association between immunoglobulin heavy-chain variable region mutational status and isolated favorable baseline genomic aberrations in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2018 Jan.59(1):59-68. Pubmedid: 28641468.
- Talati C, Zhang L, Shaheen G, Kuykendall A, Ball M, Zhang Q, Lancet JE, Zuckerman KS, List AF, Komrokji R, Moscinski L, Padron E. Monocyte subset analysis accurately distinguishes CMML from MDS and is associated with a favorable MDS prognosis. Blood. 2017 Mar.129(13):1881-1883. Pubmedid: 28159734.
- Talati C, Sallman D, List A. Lenalidomide: Myelodysplastic syndromes with del(5q) and beyond. Semin Hematol. 2017 Jul.54(3):159-166. Pubmedid: 28958290.
- Kuykendall AT, Talati C, Al Ali N, Sweet K, Padron E, Sallman DA, Lancet JE, List AF, Zuckerman KS, Komrokji RS. The Treatment Landscape of Myelofibrosis Before and After Ruxolitinib Approval. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2017 Dec.17(12):e45-e53. Pubmedid: 28869184.
- Kim DW, Talati C, Kim R. Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC): beyond sorafenib-chemotherapy. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2017 Apr.8(2):256-265. Pubmedid: 28480065. Pmcid: PMC5401857.
- Talati C, Griffiths EA, Wetzler M, Wang ES. Polo-like kinase inhibitors in hematologic malignancies. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016 Feb.98:200-210. Pubmedid: 26597019.
- Talati C, Padron E. An Exercise in Extrapolation: Clinical Management of Atypical CML, MDS/MPN-Unclassifiable, and MDS/MPN-RS-T. Curr Hematol Malig Rep. 2016 Dec.11(6):425-433. Pubmedid: 27664113.
- Wei L, Liu S, Conroy J, Wang J, Papanicolau-Sengos A, Glenn ST, Murakami M, Liu L, Hu Q, Conroy J, Miles KM, Nowak DE, Liu B, Qin M, Bshara W, Omilian AR, Head K, Bianchi M, Burgher B, Darlak C, Kane J, Merzianu M, Cheney R, Fabiano A, Salerno K, Talati C, Khushalani NI, Trump DL, Johnson CS, Morrison CD. Whole-genome sequencing of a malignant granular cell tumor with metabolic response to pazopanib. Cold Spring Harb Mol Case Stud. 2015 Oct.1(1):a000380. Pubmedid: 27148567. Pmcid: PMC4850888.
- Talati C, Ontiveros EP, Griffiths EA, Wang ES, Wetzler M. How we will treat chronic myeloid leukemia in 2016. Blood Rev. 2015 Mar.29(2):137-142. Pubmedid: 25555325. Pmcid: PMC4385463.
- Thirunavukarasu P, Talati C, Munjal S, Attwood K, Edge SB, Francescutti V. Effect of Incorporation of Pretreatment Serum Carcinoembryonic Antigen Levels Into AJCC Staging for Colon Cancer on 5-Year Survival. JAMA Surg. 2015 Aug.150(8):747-755. Pubmedid: 26083632.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.