Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Bradford Perez, MD
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Dr. Perez specializes as an oncologist who utilizes radiation therapy to treat patients with lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies including mesothelioma and thymoma. This radiation therapy includes the use of advanced techniques such as stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT), image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT), and intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) to deliver treatment, as appropriate in both curative and palliative circumstances. Dr. Perez is interested in integration of radiation therapy with novel systemic agents including immunotherapeutics for the treatment of patients with lung cancers and mesothelioma. Additionally, he has a strong interest in combining each patient’s clinical situation with detailed information regarding the molecular makeup of their tumor to improve delivery of personalized radiation therapy for patients with thoracic malignancies. Dr. Perez earned his medical degree and completed his residency in Radiation Oncology at Duke University School of Medicine.
Education & Training
- Duke University School of Medicine - Radiation Oncology
- Duke University School of Medicine - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 19936
Maintenance Systemic Therapy versus Local Consolidative Therapy (Lct) Plus Maintenance Systemic Therapy for Limited Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (Nsclc): A Randomized Phase II/III Trial
Intervention: Alimta (Pemetrexed); Gemzar (gemcitabine); Pembrolizumab (Keytruda); Pemetrexed (); Taxotere (docetaxel); docetaxel (); gemcitabine ()
CLINICAL TRIAL 20348
Limited Stage Small Cell Lung Cancer (LS-SCLC): A Phase II/III randomized study of chemoradiation versus chemoradiation plus Atezolizumab
Intervention: Atezolizumab (Tecentriq); Paraplatin (carboplatin); Radiotherapy (); carboplatin (); cisplatin (); etoposide ()
CLINICAL TRIAL 19704
Radiation and Chemotherapy with Ipilimumab followed by Nivolumab for Patients with Stage III Unresectable NSCLC
Intervention: Alimta (Pemetrexed); BMS-936558 (Nivolumab); Ipilimumab (); Nivolumab (Opdivo); Paraplatin (carboplatin); Pemetrexed (); Taxol (paclitaxel); Yervoy (Ipilimumab); carboplatin (); cisplatin (); etoposide (); paclitaxel ()
- Perez BA, Kim S, Wang M, Karimi AM, Powell C, Li J, Dilling TJ, Chiappori A, Latifi K, Rose T, Lannon A, MacMillan G, Saller J, Grass GD, Rosenberg S, Gray J, Haura E, Creelan B, Tanvetyanon T, Saltos A, Shafique M, Boyle TA, Schell MJ, Conejo-Garcia JR, Antonia SJ. Prospective Single-Arm Phase 1 and 2 Study: Ipilimumab and Nivolumab With Thoracic Radiation Therapy After Platinum Chemotherapy in Extensive-Stage Small Cell Lung Cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2020 Sep. Pubmedid: 33002543.
- Puri S, Saltos A, Perez B, Le X, Gray JE. Locally Advanced, Unresectable Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Curr Oncol Rep. 2020 Mar.22(4):31. Pubmedid: 32140986.
- Grass GD, Naghavi AO, Abuodeh YA, Perez BA, Dilling TJ. Analysis of Relapse Events After Definitive Chemoradiotherapy in Locally Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer Patients. Clin Lung Cancer. 2019 Jan.20(1):e1-e7. Pubmedid: 30268836.
- Oliver DE, Mohammadi H, Figura N, Frakes JM, Yamoah K, Perez BA, Wuthrick EJ, Naghavi AO, Caudell JJ, Harrison LB, Torres-Roca JF, Ahmed KA. Novel Genomic-Based Strategies to Personalize Lymph Node Radiation Therapy. Semin Radiat Oncol. 2019 Apr.29(2):111-125. Pubmedid: 30827449.
- Nichols D, Boyle TA, Noyes D, Latifi K, Feygelman V, Jackson I, Vujaskovic Z, Antonia S, Perez BA. Evaluation of combined anti-PD-1 immunotherapy and radiation therapy in a preclinical mouse model of pneumonitis and fibrosis. J Thorac Dis. 2018 Nov.10(11):6254-6260. Pubmedid: 30622798. Pmcid: PMC6297393.
- Oliver DE, Donnelly OG, Grass GD, Naghavi AO, Yang GQ, Dilling TJ, Perez BA. Extracranial metastatic burden in extensive-stage small cell lung cancer: implications for prophylactic cranial irradiation. J Thorac Dis. 2018 Jul.10(7):4321-4327. Pubmedid: 30174879. Pmcid: PMC6106034.
- Abuodeh Y, Naghavi AO, Echevarria M, DeMarco M, Tonner B, Feygelman V, Stevens CW, Perez BA, Dilling TJ. Quantitatively Excessive Normal Tissue Toxicity and Poor Target Coverage in Postoperative Lung Cancer Radiotherapy Meta-analysis. Clin Lung Cancer. 2018 Jan.19(1):e123-e130. Pubmedid: 29107487.
- Oellers P, Mowery YM, Perez BA, Stinnett S, Mettu P, Vajzovic L, Light K, Steffey BA, Cai J, Dutton JJ, Buckley EG, Halperin EC, Marks LB, Kirsch DG, Mruthyunjaya P. Efficacy and Safety of Low-Dose Iodine Plaque Brachytherapy for Juxtapapillary Choroidal Melanoma. Am J Ophthalmol. 2018 Feb.186:32-40. Pubmedid: 29199010.
- Ahmed KA, Scott JG, Arrington JA, Naghavi AO, Grass GD, Perez BA, Caudell JJ, Berglund AE, Welsh EA, Eschrich SA, Dilling TJ, Torres-Roca JF. Radiosensitivity of Lung Metastases by Primary Histology and Implications for Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy Using the Genomically Adjusted Radiation Dose. J Thorac Oncol. 2018 Aug.13(8):1121-1127. Pubmedid: 29733909.
- Yuan Z, Fromm A, Ahmed KA, Grass GD, Yang GQ, Oliver DE, Dilling TJ, Antonia SJ, Perez BA. Radiotherapy Rescue of a Nivolumab-Refractory Immune Response in a Patient with PD-L1-Negative Metastatic Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Lung. J Thorac Oncol. 2017 Sep.12(9):e135-e136. Pubmedid: 28502722.
- Zhang GG, Latifi K, Feygelman V, Chou KT, Huang TC, Dilling TJ, Perez BA, Moros EG. Ventilation Series Similarity: A Study for Ventilation Calculation Using Deformable Image Registration and 4DCT to Avoid Motion Artifacts. Contrast Media Mol Imaging. 2017 Sep.2017:9730380. Pubmedid: 29097945. Pmcid: PMC5623778.
- Ahmed KA, Grass GD, Creelan B, Gray J, Kim S, Dilling TJ, Antonia SJ, Perez BA. Tolerability and Safety of Thoracic Radiation and Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Among Patients with Lung Cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017 May.98(1):224. Pubmedid: 28586976.
- Ahmed KA, Kim S, Arrington J, Naghavi AO, Dilling TJ, Creelan BC, Antonia SJ, Caudell JJ, Harrison LB, Sahebjam S, Gray JE, Etame AB, Johnstone PA, Yu M, Perez BA. Outcomes targeting the PD-1/PD-L1 axis in conjunction with stereotactic radiation for patients with non-small cell lung cancer brain metastases. J Neurooncol. 2017 Jun.133(2):331-338. Pubmedid: 28466250.
- Kelsey CR, Christensen JD, Chino JP, Adamson J, Ready NE, Perez BA. Adaptive planning using positron emission tomography for locally advanced lung cancer: A feasibility study. Pract Radiat Oncol. 2017 Jan.6(2):96-104. Pubmedid: 26723555.
- Ahmed KA, Creelan BC, Kim S, Dilling TJ, Perez BA. Safety and Tolerability of Extracranial Radiation Therapy and Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Among Patients With Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016 Oct.96(2S):S201. Pubmedid: 27675781.
- Abuodeh YA, Naghavi AO, DeMarco M, Tonner B, Feygelman V, Stevens CW, Perez BA, Dilling TJ. Quantitatively Excessive Normal Tissue Toxicity and Poor Target Coverage in the PORT Meta-Analysis (MA): A Dosimetric Study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016 Oct.96(2S):E442. Pubmedid: 27674703.
- Grass GD, Naghavi AO, Frakes JM, Perez BA, Dilling TJ. Treatment of Stage III Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients With Concurrent Chemotherapy and Radiation (70 Gy): Equivalent or Superior to 60 or 74 Gy of RTOG 0617?. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016 Oct.96(2S):E428-E429. Pubmedid: 27674664.
- Moding EJ, Castle KD, Perez BA, Oh P, Min HD, Norris H, Ma Y, Cardona DM, Lee CL, Kirsch DG. Tumor cells, but not endothelial cells, mediate eradication of primary sarcomas by stereotactic body radiation therapy. Sci Transl Med. 2015 Mar.7(278):278ra34. Pubmedid: 25761890. Pmcid: PMC4360135.
- Tchekmedyian N, Gray JE, Creelan BC, Chiappori AA, Beg AA, Soliman H, Perez BA, Antonia SJ. Propelling Immunotherapy Combinations Into the Clinic. Oncology (Williston Park). 2015 Dec.29(12):990-1002. Pubmedid: 26680224.
- Perez BA, von Isenburg MA, Yu M, Tuttle BD, Adams MB. Exploring the impact of tablet computers on medical training at an academic medical center. J Med Libr Assoc. 2013 Apr.101(2):154-157. Pubmedid: 23646032. Pmcid: PMC3634380.
- Perez BA, Ghafoori AP, Lee CL, Johnston SM, Li Y, Moroshek JG, Ma Y, Mukherjee S, Kim Y, Badea CT, Kirsch DG. Assessing the radiation response of lung cancer with different gene mutations using genetically engineered mice. Front Oncol. 2013.3:72. Pubmedid: 23565506. Pmcid: PMC3613757.
- Kirsch DG, Grimm J, Guimaraes AR, Wojtkiewicz GR, Perez BA, Santiago PM, Anthony NK, Forbes T, Doppke K, Weissleder R, Jacks T. Imaging primary lung cancers in mice to study radiation biology. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010 Mar.76(4):973-977. Pubmedid: 20206017. Pmcid: PMC2847457.
- Johnston SM, Perez BA, Kirsch DG, Badea CT. Phase-selective image reconstruction of the lungs in small animals using Micro-CT. Proc SPIE Int Soc Opt Eng. 2010 Feb.7622:76223G.1-76223G.9. Pubmedid: 21243034. Pmcid: PMC3018736.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.