Find a Doctor
Cancer Focus: Lung Cancer , Mesothelioma , Pancoast Tumor , Thymoma
Dr. Amit K. Tandon is a Pulmonary/Critical Care and Interventional Pulmonology specialist who is part of the Thoracic Oncology Program at Moffitt Cancer Center. He is also an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Morsani College of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at the University of South Florida. Dr. Tandon is the Director of the Interventional Pulmonology Program at Moffitt where he is involved developing a well-rounded procedural training program for post-doctoral fellows. Dr. Tandon has completed an advanced procedural fellowship at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit known for its management of both benign and malignant complex airway disease. With this training he plans to advance the research in lung cancer as well as improve patient’s symptoms with minimally invasive procedures. His interests are central airway obstruction, endobronchial stent placement as well as diagnostic procedures including the use of endobronchial ultrasound and electromagnetic navigational bronchoscopy.
Education & Training
- Critical Care Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Henry Ford Hospital - Interventional Pulmonology
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center - Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- MetroHealth Medical Center - Internal Medicine
- American University of the Caribbean, St. Maarten, N.AMD
- Adashek JJ, Reed JP, Tandon A, Freedland SJ, Posadas E, Bhowmick N, Chung LW, Freeman M, Figlin RA, Gong J. Combination Androgen Receptor Inhibition and Docetaxel in Metastatic Castration-sensitive Prostate Cancer: The Next Step in First-line Treatment?. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2020 May. Pubmedid: 32631766.
- Mumtaz H, Khalil F, Tandon A, Toloza E, Fontaine JP. Primary bronchial Ewing sarcoma. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2019 Jul.61:230-233. Pubmedid: 31377551. Pmcid: PMC6698311.
- Tandon A, Zhang Y, Sokol L. Tagraxofusp, a novel CD123-directed cytotoxin to treat blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm. Drugs Today (Barc). 2019 Dec.55(12):735-742. Pubmedid: 31942876.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.