Find a Doctor
Cancer Focus: Pancoast Tumor , Thymoma , Lung Cancer , Mesothelioma
Dr. Amit K. Tandon is a Pulmonary/Critical Care and Interventional Pulmonology specialist who is part of the Thoracic Oncology Program at Moffitt Cancer Center. He is also an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Morsani College of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at the University of South Florida. Dr. Tandon is the Director of the Interventional Pulmonology Program at Moffitt where he is involved developing a well-rounded procedural training program for post-doctoral fellows. Dr. Tandon has completed an advanced procedural fellowship at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit known for its management of both benign and malignant complex airway disease. With this training he plans to advance the research in lung cancer as well as improve patient’s symptoms with minimally invasive procedures. His interests are central airway obstruction, endobronchial stent placement as well as diagnostic procedures including the use of endobronchial ultrasound and electromagnetic navigational bronchoscopy.
Education & Training
- Critical Care Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Henry Ford Hospital - Interventional Pulmonology
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center - Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- MetroHealth Medical Center - Internal Medicine
- American University of the Caribbean, St. Maarten, N.A - MD
- Mumtaz H, Khalil F, Tandon A, Toloza E, Fontaine JP. Primary bronchial Ewing sarcoma. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2019 Jul.61:230-233. Pubmedid: 31377551. Pmcid: PMC6698311.
- Tandon A, Zhang Y, Sokol L. Tagraxofusp, a novel CD123-directed cytotoxin to treat blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm. Drugs Today (Barc). 2019 Dec.55(12):735-742. Pubmedid: 31942876.