Special Notice to our International Patients
For air travel guidelines during COVID-19, click here.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic and the travel bans imposed throughout the world, we invite our international patients to consider obtaining a medical opinion from one of our world-class doctors through our Online Consult program. Please visit our Online Consult page for more information or email us at email@example.com and a coordinator can help guide you through the process.
With the globalization of medicine, an increasing number of patients come to the United States for medical treatment each year. Moffitt Cancer Center is the only NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida. In addition, our location and weather make us a more desirable destination for patients seeking medical care.
We understand that coming to a different country with a cancer diagnosis and facing a different culture and language can be a very difficult step to take. We are here to ease the transition.
Our International Referral Services Department can assist you and your family with an array of services designed to take care of your needs.
Services available through the International Referral Services Department include:
- Coordination of all aspects of your visit to Moffitt, paying extra attention to personal, cultural and travel-related needs. Find a guide for those traveling for cancer treatment
- Orientation for first-time patients and families
- Assistance with patient registration/admission
- Psychosocial and palliative care treatment services
- Transportation arrangement (airport, car rental, taxi and/or limo services)
- Lodging coordination or hotel arrangements
- Language assistance
- Assistance with documentation (visa extensions, embassy correspondence, etc.) Find information on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate closest to you.
- Notary services
The International Referral Services Department is located on the first floor in the administration area just off the main lobby.
Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Appointments are not necessary, but they are encouraged.
Reach a member of our department at 813-745-4685 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.