Your Impact: Patient & Family Support Programs
With help from donors like you, Moffitt is able to offer a range of programs to help patients and their families throughout all stages of treatment and survivorship.
- New Patient & Family Orientation at Moffitt is a free resource to help make the patient and caregiver experience at Moffitt more comfortable, less stressful and ultimately more successful. Attendees learn how to connect with Moffitt programs and services, partner with their care team, find their way around Moffitt, and can take a walking tour. Participants also receive a free messenger bag with useful information and tools to help track appointments, medications, medical records and more.
- The Adolescent & Young Adult (AYA) Program at Moffitt addresses the unique concerns and emotional needs of young adults with cancer by providing patients ages 15 to 39 with specialized medical and psychosocial clinical care. The focus of this program is to increase the awareness of the unique issues AYA patients’ face, to better understand and address these them and to increase survival rates.
- The Supportive Care Medicine program offers expert medical care dedicated to relieving the pain, distress and other symptoms that can accompany serious illness. Cancer affects patients and their families, including physical, emotional, social and spiritual challenges. Supportive Care Medicine, including Palliative Care, is provided by team members who work together to support patients and families in all of these areas.
- Moffitt’s Integrative Medicine Services integrates safe and effective complementary therapies with conventional treatments to reduce side effects of treatment and improve quality of life for our patients. Services include inpatient and outpatient massage, acupuncture, yoga and meditation for stress reduction and relaxation.
- Moffitt’s Arts in Medicine program is designed to offer patients and their caregivers a variety of opportunities to experience the therapeutic benefits of the arts during a challenging time. This includes a complete menu of services such as daily access to the beautiful studios at the Magnolia and McKinley campuses, private bedside visits, live musical lobby performances and special performance events.
- Pet Therapy at Moffitt utilizes trained dogs and handlers to achieve specific physical, social, cognitive and emotional goals with patients while providing a distraction from hospital life. Moffitt’s pet therapists visit patients in their rooms as well as in the outpatient lobby and are on campus three days a week.
Together we can change lives today.
We’re all in this fight together, and we’d be honored to have your help. Getting started is easy and the rewards are endless. Help us get closer to a cure.
Please call 1-800-456-3434, ext. 1403, or email us at FoundationInfo@Moffitt.org, if you wish to have your name removed from the list to receive fundraising requests to support Moffitt Cancer Center in the future. Upon receiving your request, we will use all reasonable efforts to remove you from future mailings. Florida is the official place of business for the Moffitt Cancer Center Foundation. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling 1-800-435-7352 toll-free within the state or online at www.800helpfla.com. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by the state. Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services registration number CH-4675. No percentage of contributions is retained by a professional solicitor; Moffitt Cancer Center Foundation receives 100% of all donations. Your gift is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.