Breast Treatments & Services
We specialize in diagnosis, staging, treatment, management and research for patients with breast diseases and tumors.
The Breast Evaluation Clinic is for patients who have not been given a diagnosis of cancer. This can include those patients seeking annual screening, having a breast symptom, or who’ve had a mammogram or ultrasound which requires additional work-up. In many cases women can have a biopsy the same day, if needed.
Within the Breast Oncology Program, patients who have been diagnosed with breast cancer may meet with a breast surgeon, medical oncologist and/or radiation oncologist to develop a personalized care plan.
Different types of treatment and technology are available for patients with breast cancer. The multispecialty breast cancer team can offer your patients comprehensive services, including:
- Diagnostic Evaluations
- Risk Assessment & Risk Stratification
- Radiology & Imaging Services (read by breast-fellowship-trained radiologists)
- Digital Mammography with Computer-Aided Detection (CAD)
- Tomosynthesis (Digital 3D Mammography)
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast MRI and Abbreviated MR (AB-MRI)
- Genetic Testing & Counseling
- Pathology Reviews
- Medical Oncology
- Targeted Biological Agents
- Breast Vaccines
- Scalp Cooling (DigniCap for chemotherapy-induced alopecia available at McKinley Infusion Center)
- The Latest Breast Cancer Clinical Trials
- Radiation Oncology
- Intrabeam® Intraoperative Breast Cancer Radiation Treatment (IORT)
- 3D Conformal Radiotherapy
- Partial Breast Radiation using Brachytherapy
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Breast-conserving surgeries
- Sentinel node mapping and biopsies
- Nipple and skin-sparing mastectomies
- Reconstructive surgery
- Autologous tissue transfers: DIEP, Latissimus, & TRAM flaps (pedicled or free)
- Oncoplastic techniques
- Fat grafting
- Reconstructive Progressive Care Unit - We recognize that these patients require a heightened level of nursing care that cannot be accommodated on the medical/surgical units but also do not require ICU level care.