The GeneHome Clinic at Moffitt Cancer Center is dedicated to the care of individuals with hereditary cancer predispositions. This specialty clinic also provides access to multidisciplinary care for children, adolescents, and young adults with genetic risk factors for cancer.
Our clinic provides genetic risk assessment, access to clinical-grade genetic testing, psychosocial support for families, expert recommendations for medical care to appropriately manage cancer risks, and referrals to cancer specialists.
Approximately 10% of pediatric and adolescent cancers are due to a hereditary genetic cause. The ability to diagnose a young person with one of the conditions below can help them and their family to be proactive about their long-term health.
Examples of Genetic Conditions We Manage
We provide services for hereditary cancer syndromes that can affect individuals from birth throughout their lifetimes, including:
- Li Fraumeni syndrome
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia, type 1
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia, type 2
- Lynch syndrome
- Von Hippel Lindau (VHL)
- Cowden syndrome (PTEN)
- Nevoid Basal Cell Carcinoma Syndrome (Gorlin Syndrome)
- Hereditary Leiomyomatosis and Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Constitutional Mismatch Repair Deficiency
- Hereditary paraganglioma and pheochromocytoma syndromes
- Rhabdoid Tumor Predisposition syndrome
- Fanconi Anemia and other bone marrow failure disorders
- Hereditary Leiomyomatosis and Renal Cell Carcinoma Syndrome (HLRCC)
- DICER1 Syndrome
We also provide genetic evaluation for pediatric cancers that are suggestive of an inherited cancer risk, including:
- Pediatric sarcoma
- Adrenocortical carcinoma
- Pleuropulmonary blastoma
- Medullary thyroid cancer
- CNS hemangioblastoma
- Cancer typically seen in adults (i.e. breast, colon) seen in the pediatric setting
Scheduling an Appointment
Individuals can request an appointment by calling 1-888-663-3488 and asking for a multi-disciplinary GeneHome appointment. No referral is required to seek treatment at Moffitt.
Additional information can be sought by contacting Moffitt Genetics directly at 813-745-3555 or emailing email@example.com.
Our team members include:
- Colin Moore, MD
- Darcy Berry, MS, CGC
- Sarah Burke, MS, CGC