Kidney Cancer Surgery for Patients from Orlando, FL
Kidney cancer surgery is the predominant treatment option for patients with renal cell tumors. At Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, our surgeons are highly skilled in performing complex procedures that involve advanced techniques such as laparoscopic (minimally invasive) and robot-assisted surgery. Our extensive experience has led to better outcomes for our patients and has helped them achieve a better quality of life. We welcome both local patients and those traveling from out-of-town places like Orlando, Florida.
At Moffitt, a multispecialty team will consider each patient’s condition individually, creating a specialized treatment plan. Our team will consider the many complex factors of the patient’s individual condition, including the stage of the cancer, the size and shape of the tumor, the patient’s general health and other factors. Typically, we will recommend one of the following kidney cancer surgery options:
- Open partial nephrectomy – Removes a portion of the kidney using a standard incision in the abdomen
- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy – Removes a portion of the kidney using a series of tiny incisions in the abdominal wall
- Open radical nephrectomy – Removes an entire kidney and possibly some surrounding tissue using a standard incision in the abdomen
- Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy – Removes an entire kidney and possibly some surrounding tissue using a series of tiny incisions in the abdominal wall
- Arterial embolization – Injects small particles to block the artery that feeds the cancerous tumor, helping to slow tumor growth and ease symptoms
In addition to providing these kidney cancer surgery options, Moffitt offers comprehensive services so that our patients can receive the supportive care they need in a single location. For patients traveling from Orlando, other parts of Florida, or across the country, we can assist with finding nearby accommodations that meet our stringent standards for hygiene and infection control.
Moffitt Cancer Center does not require referrals in order to set up an appointment. Patients from Orlando, FL, are welcome to learn more about our kidney cancer surgery options by calling 1-888-MOFFITT or by filling out our new patient registration form online.