Postdoctoral Research Training is a vital component of the Department of Molecular Oncology’s diversified research portfolio. We strive to provide an environment that both empowers our Research Scientists and Postdoctoral Fellows to make new scientific discoveries and build the foundational skill sets required for professional development into independent scientists on their chosen career path. There are multiple T32 grants at Moffitt, and the opportunity to apply for other career awards.
Current Molecular Oncology Research Scientists
- Hayley Ackerman (Flores Lab)
- Didem Ilter (Gomes Lab)
- Lucia Mazzacurati, Ph.D. (Reuther Lab)
- Marco Napoli (Flores Lab)
- Shengyan (Kevin) Xiang, Ph.D. (Alexandrow Lab)
- Leixiang Yang, Ph.D. (Chen Lab)
Current Molecular Oncology Postdoctoral Fellows:
- Sandip Chavan, Ph.D. (Koomen Lab)
- Stanislav Drapela (Gomes Lab)
- Jon Faughn, Ph.D. (Alexandrow Lab)
- Yifeng Gao, Ph.D. (Flores Lab)
- Suman Govindiraju, Ph.D. (K Mann Lab)
- Qingling Huang, Ph.D. (Chen Lab)
- S. Hossein Kashfi (Gomes Lab)
- Qingliang Li, Ph.D. (Chen Lab)
- Xiaobo Li, Ph.D. (Flores Lab)
- Xia Liu, Ph.D. (Chen Lab)
- John Lockhart, Ph.D. (Flores Lab)
- Junhao Lu, Ph.D. (Chen Lab)
- Garima Pandey, Ph.D. (Reuther Lab)
- Olga Vera Puente, Ph.D. (Karreth Lab)
- Zheng Song, Ph.D. (Chen Lab)
- Rahim Ullah, Ph.D. (Wan Lab)
- Jheng-Yu (Johnny) Wu, Ph.D. (Alexandrow Lab)
- Xiaonan Xu, PhD (Karreth Lab)
- Qing Yin, Ph.D. (Wan Lab)
Recently Trained Scientists in Molecular Oncology: Alumni who trained within the department since 2016.
- Koji Nakamura, M.D., Ph.D. (Postdoctoral Fellow in the Karreth Lab 2017-2020) - Dr. Nakamura is currently an Assistant Professor at the University of Osaka, Japan.
- Aziz Aiders, Ph.D. (Postdoctoral Fellow in M Mann Lab, 2017–2021) – Dr. Aiderus is currently a Research Fellow in the lab of Prof. Vinay Tergaonkar at the Institute Of Molecular and Cell Biology (IMCB), A*STAR in Singapore.
- Ngoc Bui, Ph.D. (MD-Anderson/Moffitt Graduate Student, 2012–2018 and Moffitt Postdoctoral Fellow in Flores Lab, 2018–2019) - Dr. Bui is currently a Postdoctoral Fellow in the lab of Dr. Laurie Ailles at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada.
- Brook Nepon-Sixt, Ph.D. (Moffitt Graduate Student, 2011–2016 and Moffitt Postdoctoral Fellow in Alexandrow Lab, 2016–2019) - Dr. Nepon-Sixt is currently a Medical Science Liaison with Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- Ioannis Grammatikakis, Ph.D. (Research Scientist in Flores Lab, 2017–2019) - Dr. Grammatikakis is currently a staff scientist at National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
- Nicholas Gimbrone, Ph.D. (Moffitt/USF Graduate Student in Cress Lab, 2014–2019) - Dr. Gimbrone is currently a Data Science Innovator at GuideRX.
- Andrew Davis, Ph.D. (MD-Anderson/Moffitt Graduate Student, 2013–2017 and Moffitt Postdoctoral Fellow in Flores Lab, 2017–2018) - Dr. Davis is currently a Senior Scientist at Unilever.
- Sarah Wu, M.D., Ph.D. (MD-Anderson Graduate Student in Flores Lab, 2013–2019) - Dr. Wu is currently a Pathology Resident at Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School.
- Justin Y. Newberg, Ph.D. (Research Scientist in K Mann & M Mann Labs, 2017–2018) - Dr. Newberg is currently a Bioinformatic Scientist at Foundation Medicine, Inc. within the Cancer Genomics Research group.
- Bhaswati Sarcar, Ph.D. (Research Scientist in Cress Lab, 2016–2018) - Dr. Sarcar is currently a Research Scientist in Jason Fleming’s Lab at Moffitt Cancer Center.
- Mousumi Das, Ph.D. (Postdoctoral Fellow in Chen Lab, 2015–2018) - Dr. Das is currently in the Department of Microbiology, PDM University, Haryana, India.
- Melissa Hoffman, Ph.D. (Moffitt/USF Graduate Student in Koomen Lab, 2013–2018) - Dr. Hoffman is currently in a clinical chemistry postdoctoral fellowship in Robert Fitzgerald’s lab at the University of California at San Diego.
- Tao Han, Ph.D. (Postdoctoral Fellow in the Wan Lab 2016-2020) - Dr. Han is currently a Professor at the Xingxiang Medical College in Henan, China.
For a full list of postdoctoral opportunities in the Department of Molecular Oncology, please contact:
Executive Assistant, Basic Science
Administrative Support for Elsa Flores
Fellowships and Grants: