Malignant Hematology Program
The Malignant Hematology Program at Moffitt Cancer Center specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of various blood cancers and autoimmune disorders. With a team of nearly two dozen malignant hematology experts – all of whom are foremost experts in specialties such as medical oncology or pathology – we have unparalleled expertise in the management of conditions like lymphoma, leukemia and myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS), as well as multiple myeloma, myeloproliferative syndromes, aplastic anemia and many other related hematological malignancies.
Our clinic welcomes referrals for patients who are seeking treatment for a confirmed diagnosis, as well as referrals for patients with suspected hematologic conditions. Our team has extensive experience with even the rarest blood-based liquid tumors and autoimmune abnormalities, and we offer on-site lab work processing to provide patients with prompt and accurate diagnoses.
Serving as a resource for physicians nationwide, Moffitt’s Malignant Hematology Program offers:
- Complete diagnostic workups, including light microscopies, bone marrow aspirations and biopsies and cytogenetic testing/immunophenotyping
- Screening, staging and pathology services
- Chemotherapy (including access to peripheral stem cell support)
- Immunotherapy, infusions, liposomal drug delivery, anti-angiogenesis therapy, experimental vaccines, monoclonal antibodies, inhibitor treatment, cytokine therapy and other innovative treatment options
- Rapid access to bone marrow transplants (offered through a joint effort with Bone and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy Program)
- Pain management services, dietary counseling and other forms of supportive care (provided by a dedicated Pharmacy and Supportive Care team)
By offering this comprehensive scope of treatments and services, and by having our tumor board collaboratively review each patient’s case, we can recommend the combination of therapies that offers the most promise for each patient's unique diagnosis. Our advanced program routinely achieves survival rates that are better than or comparable to national averages – even for some of the most notably treatment-resistant conditions. Furthermore, we emphasize short referral times and can schedule most new patient appointments within several days.