Cancer PhD Program Available at Moffitt
Moffitt Cancer Center offers many education programs, including a Cancer Biology PhD Program, in collaboration with the University of South Florida. Each major in the program utilizes an integrated curriculum that provides specialized training in the area of focus, as well as broader training across the cancer research spectrum encompassing immunology, immunotherapy, cancer genetics, cell and molecular biology, signal transduction, drug discovery, chemical biology, mathematical modeling, functional genomics, proteomics, bioinformatics, chemistry and translational cancer therapies.
Four integrated majors of the Cancer PhD Program
The Cancer Biology PhD Program offers four distinct but closely integrated majors designed to prepare young scientists to meet the future challenges of cancer research.
The four majors are:
- Cancer Biology – The focus of the Cancer Biology major is understanding the molecular, cellular and microenvironmental mechanisms that drive cancer development and progression, heterogeneity, metastasis and therapy resistance.
- Cancer Chemical Biology – The study of this major focuses on both chemistry and biology. Cancer drug design and discovery is the key component of the curriculum.
- Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy – This major focuses on basic and translational research in the immunobiology of cancer and developing the next generation of immunotherapeutic interventions for cancer patients.
- Integrated Mathematical Oncology – This major consists of specialized training in mathematical modeling for cancer biology and clinical oncology problems. Students also receive training in the broader field of cancer biology and immunology through coursework and immersion in Moffitt’s research endeavors.
Applications for the Cancer PhD Program can be completed online. The priority deadline for funding consideration is Dec. 1 for domestic and international students. The university deadline for fall admission is Feb. 15. Click here for a list of resources and more information.
- About the Program
- Our Students
- Facilities and Cores
- Funding Support
- CBSO Student Organization
- About Tampa
- PhD Program Resources
For more information, contact the Program Coordinator at CancerPhD@moffitt.org