Lung Cancer Treatment for Residents of Clearwater, FL
The latest options in lung cancer treatment are available to residents of Clearwater, Florida, at Moffitt Cancer Center. At Moffitt, which is located just a short drive away in Tampa, every patient receives a personalized treatment plan and all therapies are administered by oncologists who specialize exclusively in treating lung cancer. Our multispecialty team of experts evaluates and monitors each patient’s case throughout treatment and recovery, providing the benefit of multiple expert opinions in a single location.
Moffitt offers a comprehensive range of lung cancer treatment options, including:
- Surgery – All (or as much as possible) of a tumor is removed, along with some nearby lymph nodes and part or all of an affected lung (if necessary).
- Chemotherapy – Powerful medications are administered orally or intravenously so that they enter the bloodstream and travel throughout the body to reach and destroy widely dispersed and rapidly-dividing cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy – High-energy beams are aimed at a tumor from a machine located outside the body (external radiation) or radioactive seeds are implanted directly into a tumor during surgery (internal radiation).
- Photodynamic therapy – A photosensitizing agent is injected into the bloodstream, where it is absorbed by widespread cancer cells (healthy cells are unaffected); after the photosensitizers are exposed to light of a certain wavelength, they produce a form of oxygen that destroys the cancerous cells.
- Radiofrequency ablation – Heat is generated from a medium-frequency alternating current to create friction that destroys cancerous cells.
Moffitt remains firmly positioned at the forefront of lung cancer treatment, and we offer patients opportunities to benefit from the very latest options, including procedures performed with the assistance of the da Vinci® Surgical System for enhanced precision. With a robust portfolio of clinical trials, Moffitt is a widely respected authority on promising new treatments, providing an additional source of hope to many patients.
To learn more about lung cancer treatment options at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL, call 1-888-663-3488 or complete a new patient registration form online. Referrals are not required to consult with our expert oncologists.