Molecular Oncology in the News
- Nick Gimbrone (Cress lab) published a paper in Journal of Thoracic Oncology entitled "Somatic Mutations and Ancestry Markers in Hispanic Lung Cancer Patients." Nick’s paper was highlighted in an Editorial at JTO.
- Melissa Hoffman (Koomen lab) published a paper in the Journal of Proteome Research entitled "Comparison of Quantitative Mass Spectrometry Platforms for Monitoring Kinase ATP Probe Uptake in Lung Cancer."
- Hussein Abbas (Flores lab) published a chapter in Cancer Research entitled "Distinct TP63 isoform-driven transcriptional signatures predict tumor progression and clinical outcomes."
- Justin Newberg (labs of Karen and Michael Mann) published a paper in Nucleic Acid Research entitled "SBCDDB: Sleeping Beauty Cancer Driver Database for gene discovery in mouse models of human cancers." Check out the SBCDDB here.
- Marco Napoli (Flores lab) published an outlook in Genes & Development entitled "Another case for diet restriction: TAp73-expressing medulloblastomas are stunted by glutamine withdrawal."
- Michael Mann was awarded a Moffitt Skin Cancer SPORE Career Enhancement Program Grant.
- Karen Mann was awarded an American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant.
- Yi Chen (Koomen lab) published a chapter in Methods in Molecular Biology entitled "Multiplexed Liquid Chromatography-Multiple Reaction Monitoring Mass Spectrometry Quantification of Cancer Signaling Proteins."
- Gary Reuther together with Nicholas Lawrence and Ernst Schonbrunn (both in the Drug Discovery Department) were awarded a Screen to Lead Program grant from the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- Justin Newberg, PhD (labs of Karen and Michael Mann), Brook Nepon-Sixt, Ph.D. (Alexandrow Lab), Marco Napoli, Ph.D. (Flores Lab), Rahul Checker, Ph.D. (Flores Lab), Ngoc Bui (Flores Lab), and Andrew Davis (Flores Lab) were awarded poster prizes ad the Moffitt Cancer Biology & Evolution Symposium.
- Molecular Oncology participates in Miles for Moffitt to raise funds for research
- Florian Karreth was awarded a Young Investigator Award from the Melanoma Research Alliance.
- Xiaohua Su (Flores lab) published a chapter in Oncogene entitled "TAp63 suppresses mammary tumorigenesis through regulation of the Hippo pathway."
- Paul Stewart (Koomen lab) published a paper in Proteomics entitled "Relative protein quantification and accessible biology in lung tumor proteomes from four LC-MS/MS discovery platforms."
- Yi Chen (Koomen lab) published a chapter in Proteomics entitled "Quantitative proteomics of breast tumors: Tissue quality assessment to clinical biomarkers."
- 1st Annual Molecular Oncology Department Retreat held at Tampa Palms Golf & Country Club
- Marco Napoli (Flores lab) published a review in the British Journal of Cancer entitled "The p53 family orchestrates the regulation of metabolism: physiological regulation and implications for cancer therapy."