Find a Doctor
Cancer Focus: Multiple Myeloma-Plasma Cell Tumor
Dr. Blue earned his MD at Meharry Medical College, Nashville, Tennessee. Dr. Blue completed an Internal Medicine Residency in the Department of Medicine at Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, and d a Hematology/Oncology Fellowship in the Department of Medicine at Saint Louis University School of Medicine. Dr. Blue recently completed a Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy Fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Blue’s clinical interests include treatment of plasma cell disorders and evaluation of patients pre and post bone marrow transplant. His research interests include reducing health disparities and improving health outcomes for plasma cell dyscrasias.
Education & Training
- Moffitt Cancer Center - Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine - Hematology/Oncology
- Washington University School of Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Meharry Medical College(MD, - MD)
- Fonseca JJ, Yeats AL, Blue B, Zalalutdinov MK, Brintlinger T, Simpkins BS, Ratchford DC, Culbertson JC, Grim JQ, Carter SG, Ishigami M, Stroud RM, Cress CD, Robinson JT. Enabling remote quantum emission in 2D semiconductors via porous metallic networks. Nat Commun. 2020 Jan.11(1):5. Pubmedid: 31911592. Pmcid: PMC6946668.
- Blue B, Vegunta R, Rodin M, Patolia S, Poddar N. Impact of an Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation in Terminally Ill Cancer Patients. Cureus. 2018 Jul.10(7):e3016. Pubmedid: 30254805. Pmcid: PMC6150761.
- Blue BJ, Luo S, Sanfilippo KM, Ganti A, Gumbel J, O'Brian K, Carson KR. Race-based differences in routine cytogenetic profiles of patients with multiple myeloma. Brit J Haematol. 2017 Jan.176(2):322-324. Pubmedid: 26887893.
- Sanfilippo KM, Keller J, Gage BF, Luo S, Wang TF, Moskowitz G, Gumbel J, Blue B, O'Brian K, Carson KR. Statins Are Associated With Reduced Mortality in Multiple Myeloma. J Clin Oncol. 2016 Nov.34(33):4008-4014. Pubmedid: 27646948. Pmcid: PMC5477827.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.