The LATTE advocates are comprised of lung cancer patients, family members and stakeholders who have a keen interest to actively pursue improvements in how lung cancer research is conducted. Advocates seek to raise awareness about the important issues surrounding lung cancer and assist in engaging the community in our advocacy efforts. With a commitment to service, advocates are the heart and soul of LATTE.
Advocates have the opportunity to be in involved in the following:
- Research Advocacy
- Outreach and Education
LATTE VIP (Virtually Involved Patient and Caregiver) Network
Would you like to join the LATTE VIP (Virtually Involved Patient and Caregiver) Network? Are you interested in giving your feedback and sharing your ideas on:
- Things you’d like to learn about lung cancer
- Featured topics on our education web-seminars and newsletters
- New research and clinical trials opportunities
- Nutrition, stress relief, supportive care and financial assistance
- Whatever you’d like to tell us!
LATTE will use an online website, protected by usernames and passwords, as a place for lung cancer patients and their families to directly shape the LATTE Program. This will allow every patient and caregiver interested to participate, and to do so from their own home, on their own time and to whatever content they find relevant to them. We will call you LATTE VIPs (Virtually Involved Patients and Caregivers) - or a member of the LATTE VIP Network!
Research Advocacy Workgroup
The Research Advocacy Work group is composed of trained advocates who have the goal of improving patient care and advancing the communities knowledge of lung cancer research. These advocates work closely with researchers, clinicians and patients in meaningful ways.
Workgroup activities may include:
- Reviewing research grants
- Providing the patient perspective and feedback on new/proposed protocols
- Developing activities to raise awareness on lung cancer research and clinical trials
- Identifying ways to bring new research results to concerned community members