Quit Smoking Resources
Quitting smoking is one of the most important steps a person can take. Although it is difficult, millions of smokers have done it and you can to! Click on the resources below to see how.
Tobacco Free Florida: QUIT YOUR WAY
The Tobacco Free Florida program is administered through the Florida Department of Health’s Bureau of Tobacco Free Florida at no cost. Call 1-877-U-CAN-NOW or connect online to get the support you need to begin your tobacco-free life.
Free Tools and Services offered:
- Access to a Quit Coach®
- Group support
- Virtual tool, tips, and support available 24/7
Self-Help Quit Smoking Sites
- Tobacco Free Florida - links to other Florida-focused, tobacco-related websites
- How to Quit Smoking or Smokeless Tobacco - (ACS) American Cancer Society
- (ALA) American Lung Association: Help Line 1(800)-877-44U-QUIT
- Smokefree.gov - (NCI) National Cancer Institute
- Smoking and Tobacco Use - comprehensive tobacco site from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The QuitNet - online quitting support and information
- Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids - information about smoking and children
- Becomeanex.org – Mayo Clinic
Quit Smoking Apps
Listed below are a few research-based apps that may assist with quitting smoking.
- Text to Quit – (NCI) National Cancer Institute
- The Quit Guide App - (NCI) National Cancer Institute
- Craving to Quit: Using Mindfulness Strategies to Quit
Click on the links below to read about the benefits of staying smoke-free after a cancer diagnosis and see tips from experts on how to remain smoke-free after quitting.
These sites are provided for information only. Moffitt Cancer Center does not endorse or maintain the following external sites.