Notice to Our Patients Regarding a Stolen Briefcase. Learn More
Biostatistics and Bioinformatics News and Events
Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Events
Please join us for the Fourth Statistical Practice in Cancer Conference, to be held at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida, Friday morning through Saturday noon, February 28-29, 2020. Our keynote speakers are: Paul Scheet from MD Anderson Cancer Center, and Xiangqin Cui from Emory University.
The goal of this one-and-a-half day conference is to enhance "best statistical practices" for cancer center biostatisticians. The emphasis is on practical solution to challenges we often face and opportunities to gain efficiencies in our collaborations.
Abstracts for the conference are due by December 16, 2019, and registration by January 20, 2020. The program committee will select some abstracts for talks, and other for a poster session.
SPCC Planning Committee members are: Dan Ayers (Vanderbilt University), Mithat Gonen (Memorial Sloan-Kettering), Jack Lee (MD Anderson), Ji-Hyun Lee (University of Florida), Quincy Mo (Moffitt Cancer Center), Gary Rosner (Johns Hopkins), Michael Schell (Moffitt Cancer Center), Deo Kumar Srivistava (St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital), and Heidi Weiss (University of Kentucky).
For further details on the conference, please go to beststatisticalpractice.com
For more details, please contact us at Shonna.Small@moffitt.org
Registration is limited to 100 attendees including dinner.
The Florida Machine Learning in Medicine and Biology Symposium will be held from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on April 2, 2020 at the SRB, Ted Couch Auditorium.
Abstract deadline is Feb. 15 for the platform presentation and March 10 for the poster presentation.
- Dr. Adrian Barbu, Professor and Graduate Student Director, Department of Statistics, Florida State University
- Dr. Larry Hall, Distinguished University Professor, Computer Science & Engineering, University of South Florida
- Dr. Ross Mitchell, Professor and Artificial Intelligence Officer, Moffitt Cancer Center
- Dr. Jose Principe, Distinguished Professor, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Florida
- Dr. Mei-Ling Shyu, Professor and Associate Chair. Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Miami
- Dr. Daisy Zhe Wang, Director of the Data Science Research Lab, Department of Computer and Information Science and Engineering, University of Florida
Learn more about the event and register here.
Moffitt Data Club, every third Friday of the month. Details