Patients in the Miami, Florida, area can come to Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa for world-class liver cancer treatment. Here, our patients benefit from the expertise of renowned specialists who possess unparalleled experience in treating this rare form of cancer. Our Gastrointestinal Oncology Program provides a wide range of diagnostics, treatment and supportive services to our patients and their families, and our specialists are committed to offering individualized treatment, compassionate care and a feeling of hope.
Why choose Moffitt?
There are many reasons why patients from Miami, FL, come to Moffitt to receive liver cancer treatment. For example, we offer:
- A multispecialty approach. Moffitt believes that a multispecialty approach is crucial to cancer treatment. In addition to your oncologist, your treatment team may include fellowship-trained surgeons, gastroenterologists, interventional radiologists, radiation oncologists and supportive care specialists. All of these experts will work together to deliver a unique, collaborative approach to patient care.
- Advanced treatment options. Our patients have access to innovative treatment techniques and procedures. For example, we offer radiofrequency liver tumor ablation, Novalis radiosurgery and percutaneous radioablation, along with many other state-of-the-art treatments.
- A high level of surgical expertise. Liver cancer is a rare form of cancer, but our surgeons have an unparalleled level of expertise when it comes to liver surgery, including hepatectomy procedures and liver transplants. Our surgeons have completed a high volume of these surgeries, and their expertise makes all the difference for our patients.
- Regular tumor board meetings. Liver cancer treatment is highly individualized at Moffitt. Our specialists meet regularly for tumor board meetings, where they evaluate and review complex cases. In this way, every patient who comes to Moffitt receives the expert opinions of several specialists in one location.
- Exclusive access to the latest clinical trials. Moffitt boasts a robust clinical trial program that our patients have access to. From biologic therapies to surgical techniques, chemotherapy drugs and radiation delivery methods, we offer an array of promising treatments not yet available in other settings.
Frequently asked questions
We understand that you might have questions about coming to Moffitt in Tampa for liver cancer treatment. You may be wondering:
- What lodging is available near Moffitt? You have several options when it comes to where to stay. Click here to view our lodging options for out-of-town patients, which include reputable hotels and fully furnished apartments.
- Does Moffitt offer any amenities to patients? Our Tampa campuses have many amenities for our patients and their families, including dining options, an on-site pharmacy, a full-service salon, an interfaith chapel and a pet therapy program. We also have an Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Lounge specifically designed for patients ages 15 to 39.
- Are telehealth services available for follow-up appointments? We offer virtual visits for routine follow-up appointments for our patients from Miami. You’ll be able to consult with your cancer team from the comfort of home. For more information, click here.
- What supportive care services are available? We provide a wide range of supportive care services to our patients, including nutrition support, one-on-one counseling, massage therapy, acupuncture, cancer survivorship programs, pain management and spiritual care.
- How are caregivers and family members treated? We know that your loved ones play a vital role in your care. That’s why Moffitt provides patient and family-centered care in which your caregivers and family members can take part in our collaborative approach to treatment. We even offer support groups and programs for them.
Cancer expertise in one day
If you are seeking liver cancer treatment and you live in Miami, FL, Moffitt Cancer Center is here to help. Contact us today at 1-888-663-3488 or submit a new patient registration form online. We provide every new patient with rapid access to our cancer experts within one day, and you can count on a prompt response.