Find a Researcher Search
- Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Cancer Biology and Evolution Program
Education & Training
- Seoul National University, PhD - Statistics
- Seoul National University, Fellow - Bioinformatics and Biostatistics
My primary research interest is in biostatistics and statistical bioinformatics which are interdisciplinary fields that develop statistical methods and software tools for analyzing high-throughput biological data and medical data. I have developed multi-gene signature-based prediction models for predicting chemotherapeutic response in recurrent ovarian cancer patients and bladder cancer patients. I have been developing CONCORD technique that uses gene signatures concordantly co-expressed between cancer cell lines and cancer patients not only for predicting response to cancer therapy but also for cancer drug repositioning. Recent researches have been focused on molecular cancer biomarker discovery, high-throughput Ribosome Footprint data analysis, metagenomic sequencing data analysis, and genetic association in cancer diagnosis and prognosis. I am leading a team for supporting basic science collaborations at the Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics.
- Ahmed KA, Berglund AE, Welsh EA, Naghavi AO, Kim Y, Yu M, Robinson TJ, Eschrich SA, Johnstone PA, Torres-Roca JF. The radiosensitivity of brain metastases based upon primary histology utilizing a multigene index of tumor radiosensitivity. Neurooncol. 2017 Mar. Pubmedid: 28379582.
- Abbott AM, Doepker MP, Kim Y, Perez MC, Gandle C, Thomas KL, Choi J, Shridhar R, Zager JS. Hepatic Progression-free and Overall Survival After Regional Therapy to the Liver for Metastatic Melanoma. Am J Clin Oncol. 2017 Jan. Pubmedid: 28059929.
- Naghavi AO, Gonzalez RJ, Scott JG, Kim Y, Abuodeh YA, Strom TJ, Echevarria M, Mullinax JE, Ahmed KA, Harrison LB, Fernandez DC. Staged reconstruction brachytherapy has lower overall cost in recurrent soft-tissue sarcoma. J Contemp Brachytherapy. 2017 Feb;9(1):20-29. Pubmedid: 28344600. Pmcid: PMC5346606.
- Naghavi AO, Gonzalez RJ, Scott JG, Mullinax JE, Abuodeh YA, Kim Y, Binitie O, Ahmed KA, Bui MM, Saini AS, Zager JS, Biagioli MC, Letson D, Harrison LB, Fernandez DC. Implications of staged reconstruction and adjuvant brachytherapy in the treatment of recurrent soft tissue sarcoma. Brachytherapy. 2016 Jul;15(4):495-503. Pubmedid: 27180128.
- Freeman-Keller M, Kim Y, Cronin H, Richards A, Gibney G, Weber J. Nivolumab in Resected and Unresectable Metastatic Melanoma: Characteristics of Immune-Related Adverse Events and Association with Outcomes. Clin Cancer Res. 2016 Feb;22(4):886-894. Pubmedid: 26446948. Pmcid: PMC4755809.
- Abuodeh Y, Naghavi AO, Ahmed KA, Venkat PS, Kim Y, Kis B, Choi J, Biebel B, Sweeney J, Anaya DA, Kim R, Malafa M, Frakes JM, Hoffe SE, El-Haddad G. Prognostic value of pre-treatment F-18-FDG PET-CT in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma undergoing radioembolization. World J Gastroenterol. 2016 Dec;22(47):10406-10414. Pubmedid: 28058021. Pmcid: PMC5175253.
- Ahmed KA, Abuodeh YA, Echevarria MI, Arrington JA, Stallworth DG, Hogue C, Naghavi AO, Kim S, Kim Y, Patel BG, Sarangkasiri S, Johnstone PA, Sahebjam S, Khushalani NI, Forsyth PA, Harrison LB, Yu M, Etame AB, Caudell JJ. Clinical outcomes of melanoma brain metastases treated with stereotactic radiosurgery and anti-PD-1 therapy, anti-CTLA-4 therapy, BRAF/MEK inhibitors, BRAF inhibitor, or conventional chemotherapy. Ann Oncol. 2016 Dec;27(12):2288-2294. Pubmedid: 27637745.
- Naghavi AO, Echevarria MI, Grass GD, Strom TJ, Abuodeh YA, Ahmed KA, Kim Y, Trotti AM, Harrison LB, Yamoah K, Caudell JJ. Having Medicaid insurance negatively impacts outcomes in patients with head and neck malignancies. Cancer. 2016 Aug. Pubmedid: 27479362.
- Sung H, Kanchi KL, Wang X, Hill KS, Messina JL, Lee JH, Kim Y, Dees ND, Ding L, Teer JK, Yang S, Sarnaik AA, Sondak VK, Mulé JJ, Wilson RK, Weber JS, Kim M. Inactivation of RASA1 promotes melanoma tumorigenesis via R-Ras activation. Oncotarget. 2016 Apr;7(17):23885-23896. Pubmedid: 26993606. Pmcid: PMC5029671.
- Baksh K, Prithviraj G, Kim Y, Hoffe S, Shridhar R, Coppola D, Centeno B, Pimiento J, Meredith K, Almhanna K. Correlation Between Standardized Uptake Value in Preneoadjuvant and Postneoadjuvant Chemoradiotherapy and Tumor Regression Grade in Patients With Locally Advanced Esophageal Cancer. Am J Clin Oncol. 2015 Dec. Pubmedid: 26703814.
- Kim Y, Guntupalli SR, Lee SJ, Behbakht K, Theodorescu D, Lee JK, Diamond JR. Retrospective analysis of survival improvement by molecular biomarker-based personalized chemotherapy for recurrent ovarian cancer. PLoS One. 2014 Feb;9(2):e86532. Pubmedid: 24505259. Pmcid: PMC3914805.