Leukemia Treatment Available for Patients From Orlando, FL
If you have been diagnosed with leukemia, world-class treatment is available near Orlando, Florida, at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. Moffitt’s Malignant Hematology Program is one of the largest in the nation and includes a multispecialty team of fellowship-trained surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, hematologists, pathologists and other experts who focus exclusively on blood disorders. Because of Moffitt’s high patient volumes, our physicians have an extraordinary level of experience treating even the most uncommon types of leukemia – and it’s this experience that can make all the difference when it comes to achieving a positive outcome and an enhanced quality of life.
Each patient’s ideal course of leukemia treatment will depend on several factors, such as the specific type and stage of their cancer. Every patient at Moffitt receives an individualized treatment plan that is reviewed by our tumor board, and may include:
- Chemotherapy – This infusion therapy uses powerful cancer-fighting drugs to destroy leukemia cells that have spread throughout the body.
- Radiation therapy – A targeted treatment, radiation therapy uses high-energy X-rays to destroy or slow the growth of leukemia cells.
- Monoclonal antibody therapy – This therapy stimulates the body’s immune response to target leukemia cells.
- Bone marrow transplant – In collaboration with Moffitt’s Bone and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy Program, our leukemia specialists replace diseased bone marrow with healthy donor marrow.
- Other innovative therapies, such as immunotherapy
Moffitt also leads an ambitious clinical trial program to improve the way cancers are treated. Participating patients have access to the latest breakthroughs in leukemia treatment before they are made available elsewhere. Thanks to our commitment to advancing cancer research, Moffitt is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center – the only one based in Florida.
We understand that driving on the interstate to visit Moffitt from Orlando, FL, for leukemia treatment is a challenge. That’s why we have partnered with several hotels near our cancer center to offer discounted rates to out-of-town patients and their families. These hotels are committed to providing comfortable, hygienic accommodations for patients to rest and enjoy time with loved ones.
Whether you have just been diagnosed with leukemia or you would like a second opinion, you can confidently turn to Moffitt. We welcome patients from Orlando, FL, and throughout the country with or without referrals. To schedule your appointment and learn more about our leukemia treatment options, call 1-888-663-3488 or submit a new patient registration form online.