Financials and Stewardship
Transparency. Accountability. Integrity.
At the Moffitt Cancer Center Foundation, we consider it our foremost responsibility to be good stewards of the donor funds entrusted to us. As your partner in philanthropy, we continuously strive to follow the highest standards of operational quality, transparency, and accountability. We answer to our donors with integrity and work towards our goal to maximize the impact of your donations and commitment to our mission.
In our 2016 fiscal year (July 2015 - June 2016), over 30,000 Moffitt donors contributed more than $20 million towards lifesaving breakthroughs and care for our patients. Together with our donors, their donations were used to:
- Accelerate innovation and discovery in cancer research
- Provide excellence in patient care and supportive services
- Power community outreach for cancer prevention and education
- Drive the acquisition of lifesaving equipment
100% of every donation to Moffitt’s Foundation goes directly to research and patient care.
Did You Know?
- Moffitt sees patients from all 67 Florida counties, all 50 states, and over 130 countries around the world.
- In 2016, Moffitt treated 56,258 individual patients, with over 356,000 outpatient and screening visits in total.
- Breast, skin and lung cancers were the top three cancers treated at Moffitt in 2016.
- Moffitt has a direct economic impact of $2.1 billion in Florida and employs over 5,500 people.
We encourage you to review the documents below illustrating the Foundation’s financial transparency and accountability.
Rest assured. The Foundation takes the privacy of its donors very seriously. It is the policy of Moffitt that any personal data, including the amount of a donation, shall be deemed privileged and kept strictly confidential unless prior written permission to release such information is obtained from the donor or prospective donor.
Together we can change lives today.
We’re all in this fight together, and we’d be honored to have your help. Getting started is easy and the rewards are endless. Help us get closer to a cure.
Please call 1-800-456-3434, ext. 1403, or email us at FoundationInfo@Moffitt.org, if you wish to have your name removed from the list to receive fundraising requests to support Moffitt Cancer Center in the future. Upon receiving your request, we will use all reasonable efforts to remove you from future mailings. Florida is the official place of business for the Moffitt Cancer Center Foundation. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling 1-800-435-7352 toll-free within the state or online at www.800helpfla.com. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by the state. Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services registration number CH-4675. No percentage of contributions is retained by a professional solicitor; Moffitt Cancer Center Foundation receives 100% of all donations. Your gift is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.