Thymoma Treatment Information for Orlando, FL, Residents
Those with uncommon cancers such as thymoma are best treated at a high-volume cancer center where physicians have substantial experience in treating their malignancies. For this level of expertise and comprehensive thymoma treatment, individuals from Orlando, Florida, can turn to Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. Our Thoracic Oncology Program is home to a specialized team, experienced in both benign and malignant thymoma treatment, and their knowledge and expertise helps our patients achieve the best possible outcomes and an improved quality of life.
- A multispecialty team – Patients at Moffitt aren’t treated by just one physician, but rather a team of experts comprised of thoracic surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists and others who focus solely on treating thymus cancers.
- Individualized treatment plans – At Moffitt, each new patient’s case is carefully reviewed by our tumor board, allowing his or her team to recommend an individualized course of treatment that will be most effective in fighting their unique cancer.
- Advanced treatments – Depending on the demands of a patient’s specific thymoma, our surgeons can perform minimally invasive procedures, robot-assisted procedures and a number of other advanced methods of treatment.
- Innovative research efforts – Moffitt is committed to the advancement of thymoma research and treatment. In fact, our efforts have resulted in our designation as a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute.
- Supportive care services – We offer supportive care services to patients in the same location where they receive clinical treatment. Our counselors, social workers, dietitians and other healthcare professionals are readily available to help patients cope with the challenges of undergoing treatment.
At Moffitt, we understand the time commitment, financial burden and stress that may accompany traveling to our cancer center from Orlando, FL. To help alleviate these difficulties, we have partnered with several hotels to offer discounted rates for Moffitt patients. These hotels are also are committed to meeting our stringent hygienic standards, allowing our patients to relax and recover in a clean, safe and comfortable setting between thymoma treatments.
If you live in Orlando, FL, and have been diagnosed with thymoma, call 1-888-663-3488 or complete a new patient registration form online to schedule a consultation with our oncologists specializing in thymoma. You do not need a referral to come to Moffitt.