Questions to Ask Your Sarcoma Specialist
At each appointment with your sarcoma specialist, you’ll have an opportunity to ask any questions you might have. This can include questions about your diagnosis, treatment, prognosis or anything else related to your health. There’s no such thing as a bad question – in fact, your sarcoma specialist will likely encourage you to bring up anything that might be on your mind.
Keep a list of questions for each appointment
Many patients choose to write down a list of questions that they want to ask so that they won’t forget to mention anything during their treatment session or check-up. The following questions can help you get started if you’re not sure what to ask your sarcoma specialist.
- What is my official diagnosis? How did you arrive at this result?
- Do you have a copy of my test results (pathology report) that I can keep for my records?
- What do you mean when you talk about the “type” and “stage” of my cancer? Do either of these things impact my prognosis?
- What are the treatment options for my specific type of sarcoma, and what is the goal of each?
- What side effects might I experience? Are there any things I should watch for that would require immediate medical attention?
- What sort of recovery is involved with each type of treatment?
- What type of sarcoma specialist will be providing each treatment, and who is responsible for coordinating my entire treatment plan?
- What options are currently available through clinical trials, and are any appropriate for me?
- How will we know if my treatment is working?
- What are the chances that my cancer will come back after my treatment is completed?
- Are there any survivorship resources that you’d recommend I look into? What about resources for my family?
Request an appointment with a sarcoma specialist at Moffitt Cancer Center
Whether you’ve just been diagnosed with sarcoma or are well into your treatment journey, the experienced oncologists in the Sarcoma Program at Moffitt Cancer Center would be happy to answer any questions you have. No referral is required to request an appointment. To do so, call 1-888-663-3888 or submit a new patient registration form online whenever it’s most convenient for you.