Oral Cancer Treatment for Individuals in Fort Myers, FL
Before you begin oral cancer treatment, you should seek a second opinion. That’s because your treatment recommendations should be based on your final diagnosis. You are encouraged to see a specialist for this purpose, mainly because general oncologists typically see far fewer head and neck cancer patients than specialists, and also may not offer the latest treatment options. If you aren’t sure where to turn, consider Moffitt Cancer Center, a high-volume cancer center located a few hours north of Fort Myers, FL, in Tampa.
If you come to Moffitt, you will have peace of mind in knowing that there are many experienced specialists on your side. The multispecialty team in our Head and Neck Cancer Program will begin with a thorough review of your diagnostic information. As a result, you will receive the benefit of several expert opinions in one location that is relatively close to Fort Myers, Florida. If you’d like to stay nearby, we can recommend our partner hotels, which offer comfortable and affordable lodging.
What types of specialists provide oral cancer treatment?
Because every type of oral cancer treatment is unique, one or more specialists will oversee each aspect of your treatment plan. For instance, you may consult with:
- Radiologists, who interpret the results of imaging tests
- Pathologists, who examine tissue samples to identify cancerous cells
- Medical oncologists, who develop individualized chemotherapy plans
- Head and neck surgeons, who surgically remove head and neck tumors
- Radiation oncologists, who develop radiation treatment plans
- Pharmacists, who provide individualized instructions on how to take medications
- Supportive care specialists, who can address your emotional and social needs
At Moffitt, many of these experts are also integral members of our oral cancer research team. Every day, we gain more knowledge about oral cancer and come a few steps closer to finding a cure.
If you’d like to learn more about oral cancer treatment at Moffitt, you can request an appointment with or without a referral from a physician in Fort Myers, FL. Call 1-888-663-3488 or completing our new patient registration form online.