What to Expect in the Infusion Center
While you're in the Infusion Center at Moffitt, we want to make sure that you have the best possible experience. Once you check in, here's what you can expect:
The first 30 minutes following your scheduled appointment time is considered to be you "triage time." During this time:
- We will obtain your weight, blood pressure and temperature (your vital signs), unless previously taken in clinic.
- Pharmacy will review your vital signs, pertinent lab work, and can then begin to safely prepare and process, check, and mix your personalized treatment for that particular day. Patient safety is our number one priority.
- Please note: if you are seen in the clinic the same day as your Infusion Center appointment, we have to wait until we receive your orders from the clinic.
- If you are diabetic, please bring your medications and snacks with you.
- If you have medication for pain, please bring it with you.
- If you are feeling unwell prior to your Infusion Center appointment, please contact your clinic provider prior to your appointment. They may wish to see you in clinic prior to treatment.
- We know that support is very important for our patients. However, for safety reasons, we ask that you limit your visitors to only one at a time in the treatment area with you. If you have more than one support person with you, they may take turns coming into the treatment area, but please help us to keep only one visitor at your chair side at a time.
- All visitors in the treatment area must be at least 12 years old. Please bring a caretaker for your child under 12 years as they cannot enter into the treatment area.
- If you schedule your Infusion Center Appointment for the same day that you see your provider, there is an increased likelihood that your wait time will be increased.
- Please check in no more than 30 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- The Infusion Center has appointments available to schedule as early as 7 a.m.
- We encourage you to visit our Guest Relations desk in the waiting room regarding any concerns, appointment times, or wait times. We will do our best to assist with any general Moffitt questions or directions.
There is also a bookcase with donated books to read and finish at your leisure. We always welcome new books to share!
- Moffitt also has a 24-chair Infusion Center at our International Plaza location and we have a shuttle available for transportation to Moffitt at International Plaza. We can schedule your appointments at here as well.