MSP (Moffitt Screening and Prevention) is conducting an informational study to better our understanding of breast health and cancer risk in women. We are studying whether the bacteria and organisms living in your intestines, also known as the gut microbiome, contributes to breast cancer when a woman reaches menopause. Our goal is to identify factors which place women at risk for breast cancer and possibly offer ways to reduce breast cancer risk. Join us today and help contribute to the prevention and cure of breast cancer.
We are looking for women who:
- are postmenopausal (last period more than 12 months ago) with no history of cancer
- have not used antibiotics in the last 30 days
- are willing to drive to the Moffitt Fowler Campus in Tampa, FL
This study involves the following when eligibility has been confirmed:
- Information and survey(s) will be sent via email
- Scheduled visit at Moffitt Fowler Campus to provide a urine sample and to undergo body measurements
- Stool sample you would produce at home (kit will be provided) and send directly to our lab
If you have any questions and/or would like to participate, please click on the "Contact Us" button below to fill out a form to have our Research team contact you.