Find a Researcher Search
Michael R. Shafique, MD
Academic Rank: Assistant MemberEmail
- Thoracic Oncology
Education & Training
- University of Virginia School of Medicine, MD
- Duke University Medical Center, Resident - Internal Medicine
- University of South Florida, Fellow - Hematology and Oncology
I will primarily conduct research in early phase clinical trials for immunotherapeutics. Additionally, I am interested in developing novel predictive biomarkers for use with immunotherapy.
- Shafique MR, Robinson LA, Antonia S. Durvalumab: a potential maintenance therapy in surgery-ineligible non-small-cell lung cancer. Cancer Manag Res. 2018 May;10:931-940. Pubmedid: 29760563. Pmcid: PMC5937504.
- Puri S, Shafique M, Gray JE. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors in Early-Stage and Locally Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. CURR TREAT OPTION ON. 2018 Jun;19(8):39. Pubmedid: 29931587.
- Shafique MR, Lee MC, Han HS. Treatment of the Pregnant Patient with Breast Cancer. South Med J. 2017 Oct;110(10):627-631. Pubmedid: 28973702.
- Turza KC, Shafique M, Lobo PI, Sawyer RG, Keith DS, Brayman KL, Agarwal A. Infectious complications in living-donor kidney transplant recipients undergoing multi-modal desensitization. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2014 Jun;15(3):182-186. Pubmedid: 24773230. Pmcid: PMC4696441.
- Kanda J, Long GD, Gasparetto C, Horwitz ME, Sullivan KM, Chute JP, Morris A, Shafique M, Li Z, Chao NJ, Rizzieri DA. Reduced-intensity allogeneic transplantation using alemtuzumab from HLA-matched related, unrelated, or haploidentical related donors for patients with hematologic malignancies. Biol Blood Marrow Tr. 2014 Feb;20(2):257-263. Pubmedid: 24269380. Pmcid: PMC4140655.