Find a Researcher Search
Linda L. Kelley, PhD
Academic Rank: Senior Member
Dr. Kelley has provided leadership for cellular therapy facilities for over twenty years at three academic institutions, University of Utah, Dana Farber Cancer Institute at Harvard, and H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute.
Education & Training
- Dartmouth College, Graduate student - Graduate studies
- Vanderbilt University, PhD - Pathology/Immunology
- Vanderbilt University, Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Hematology
As director of the Cell Therapy Facility at Moffitt Cancer Center, Dr. Kelley is responsible for manufacture and compliance of approved cell therapies for stem cell transplantation of malignant and benign disease, as well as experimental therapies for immune modulation of cancer treatment. In this capacity, she oversees 22 investigational new drug applications for on-going clinical trials.
- Mojica-Henshaw MP, Jacobson P, Morris J, Kelley L, Pierce J, Boyer M, Reems JA. Serum-converted platelet lysate can substitute for fetal bovine serum in human mesenchymal stromal cell cultures. Cytotherapy. 2013 Dec;15(12):1458-1468. Pubmedid: 24199591.
- Lepore AC, O'Donnell J, Kim AS, Williams T, Tuteja A, Rao MS, Kelley LL, Campanelli JT, Maragakis NJ. Human glial-restricted progenitor transplantation into cervical spinal cord of the SOD1 mouse model of ALS. PLoS One. 2012 Feb;6(10):e25968. Pubmedid: 21998733. Pmcid: PMC3187829.
- Wilson BD, Gibson CC, Sorensen LK, Guilhermier MY, Clinger M, Kelley LL, Shiu YT, Li DY. Novel approach for endothelializing vascular devices: understanding and exploiting elastin-endothelial interactions. Ann Biomed Eng. 2011 Jan;39(1):337-346. Pubmedid: 20737290. Pmcid: PMC3625378.
- Kao GS, Kim HT, Daley H, Ritz J, Burger SR, Kelley L, Vierra-Green C, Flesch S, Spellman S, Miller J, Confer D. Validation of short-term handling and storage conditions for marrow and peripheral blood stem cell products. Transfusion. 2011 Jan;51(1):137-147. Pubmedid: 20609197.
- Wagner LA, Christensen CJ, Dunn DM, Spangrude GJ, Georgelas A, Kelley L, Esplin MS, Weiss RB, Gleich GJ. EGO, a novel, noncoding RNA gene, regulates eosinophil granule protein transcript expression. Blood. 2007 Jun;109(12):5191-5198. Pubmedid: 17351112. Pmcid: PMC1890841.
- Ford CD, Lehman C, Strupp A, Kelley L. Comparison of CD34+ cell collection efficiency on the COBE Spectra and Fenwal CS-3000 Plus. J Clin Apher. 2002;17(1):17-20. Pubmedid: 11948701.
- Prasher JM, Elenitoba-Johnson KS, Kelley LL. Loss of p53 tumor suppressor function is required for in vivo progression of Friend erythroleukemia. Oncogene. 2001 May;20(23):2946-2955. Pubmedid: 11420707.
- Hsieh FF, Barnett LA, Green WF, Freedman K, Matushansky I, Skoultchi AI, Kelley LL. Cell cycle exit during terminal erythroid differentiation is associated with accumulation of p27(Kip1) and inactivation of cdk2 kinase. Blood. 2000 Oct;96(8):2746-2754. Pubmedid: 11023508.
- Bills AC, Green WF, Tsodikov A, Carey MJ, Perkins SL, Petersen FB, Beatty PG, Kelley LL. Cytokeratin-positive cells in PBSC collections from normal donors and patients with non-epithelial cell-derived tumors. Cytotherapy. 1999 Jan;1(5):389-389. Pubmedid: 20440913.
- Kelley LL, Hicks GG, Hsieh FF, Prasher JM, Green WF, Miller MD, Eide EJ, Ruley HE. Endogenous p53 regulation and function in early stage Friend virus-induced tumor progression differs from that following DNA damage. Oncogene. 1998 Sep;17(9):1119-1130. Pubmedid: 9764822.
- Warters RL, Roberts JC, Wilmore BH, Kelley LL. Modulation of radiation-induced apoptosis by thiolamines. Int J Radiat Biol. 1997 Oct;72(4):439-448. Pubmedid: 9343109.
- Kelley LL, Green WF, Hicks GG, Bondurant MC, Koury MJ, Ruley HE. Apoptosis in erythroid progenitors deprived of erythropoietin occurs during the G1 and S phases of the cell cycle without growth arrest or stabilization of wild-type p53. Mol Cell Biol. 1994 Jun;14(6):4183-4192. Pubmedid: 8196656. Pmcid: PMC358784.
- Koury MJ, Kelley LL, Bondurant MC. The fate of erythroid progenitor cells. Ann Ny Acad Sci. 1994 Apr;718:259-267. Pubmedid: 8185233.
- Kelley LL, Koury MJ, Bondurant MC, Koury ST, Sawyer ST, Wickrema A. Survival or death of individual proerythroblasts results from differing erythropoietin sensitivities: a mechanism for controlled rates of erythrocyte production. Blood. 1993 Oct;82(8):2340-2352. Pubmedid: 8400286.
- Kelley LL, Koury MJ, Bondurant MC. Regulation of programmed death in erythroid progenitor cells by erythropoietin: effects of calcium and of protein and RNA syntheses. J Cell Physiol. 1992 Jun;151(3):487-496. Pubmedid: 1284250.
- Stewart SJ, Cunningham GR, Strupp JA, House FS, Kelley LL, Henderson GS, Exton JH, Bocckino SB. Activation of phospholipase D: a signaling system set in motion by perturbation of the T lymphocyte antigen receptor/CD3 complex. Cell Regul. 1991 Oct;2(10):841-850. Pubmedid: 1839358. Pmcid: PMC361879.
- Kelley LL, Blackmore PF, Graber SE, Stewart SJ. Agents that raise cAMP in human T lymphocytes release an intracellular pool of calcium in the absence of inositol phosphate production. J Biol Chem. 1990 Oct;265(29):17657-17664. Pubmedid: 2170390.
- Stewart SJ, Kelley LL, Powers FS. Production of inositol pentakisphosphate in a human T lymphocyte cell line. Biochem Bioph Res Co. 1987 Jun;145(2):895-902. Pubmedid: 3496095.