M-POWER, Moffitt Program for Outreach, Wellness, Education and Resources, focuses on cancer prevention, screening and early detection.
Through outreach, educational workshops and vouchers for screening, M-POWER works with community and Moffitt partners to minimize health disparities in the Tampa Bay area.
Health educators and community outreach workers provide workshops in English or Spanish on the following topics:
- health basics
- healthy lifestyles (nutrition)
- breast cancer awareness *
- colorectal cancer awareness *
- HPV and cervical cancer awareness
- lung cancer awareness *
- prostate cancer awareness *
- skin cancer awareness
- healthy MENtality (men’s cancer awareness)
* Vouchers are available to those who meet the criteria for breast, colorectal, lung and prostate screenings.
Moffitt Voucher Program
M-POWER offers vouchers at no cost to those who qualify. Uninsured men and women who live in Hillsborough County, and meet certain requirements, may be eligible for a no-cost mammogram, lung CT, or colon cancer screening at Moffitt Cancer Center.
A doctor's referral or prescription is required for vouchers and can be obtained from your health care provider in the community. If you are uninsured, please call 1-888-663-3488 to speak to a Moffitt representative.
For additional information about M-POWER, please contact: email@example.com