- ROCK1, or Rho kinase, is a protein kinase activated by Rho that plays a signaling role in cell morphology, transformation, motility, focal adhesion, and cytokinesis.
- Inhibition of this pathway may prevent tumor cell motility and metastasis.
- Novel small-molecule inhibitors of ROCK1 have been synthesized and assayed for activity in vitro, and are candidates as anti-cancer drugs.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Novel compounds have been synthesized that exhibit strong inhibition of ROCK1, offering potentially high potency.
- The synthetic routes are short and have high yields.
- The inhibitors have improved selectivity for ROCK1 over other protein kinases, offering potential as superior targeted agents.
STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT
Patent application filed
Haskell Adler PhD MBA
Senior Licensing Manager