- Gene expression analyzed in 250 primary and metastatic melanomas procured at the time of surgical resection
- Approximately 1,000 genes identified to be differentially expressed in the transition from primary to metastatic melanoma
- A subset of 60 genes for which differential expression is associated with metastatic potential and tumor thickness
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Can aid in the pathology determination of tumor when histology or morphology are inconclusive.
- Distinguish between new primary tumors or metastasized tumors from a different primary source.
- Adaptable to gene chip or related diagnostic devices
STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT
The gene expression signature continues to be developed in an effort to minimize the number of genes need for a prognostic test for melanoma aggressiveness
Utility and PCT
Haskell Adler PhD MBA CLP
Senior Licensing Manager
Registered Patent Agent