The Molecular Oncology Department at the Moffitt Cancer Center held its annual Scientific Retreat on February 21, 2020, at ZooTampa. The Retreat Organizing Committee thanks all of the faculty who helped us prepare for this experience, and especially Kristen Gilpin, for making the day a success. Topping off the high-quality science discussed throughout the day, several speakers and poster presenters received awards for their presentations.
Highlights & Awards:
- 75 cancer science enthusiasts
- 29 excellent abstracts from all levels of trainees in the department and from invited members from other departments
- 4 faculty-selected oral presentations
- 25 poster presentations across two sessions
Congratulations to all our oral and poster awardees!
- Amazing creature encounters lead by zoo staff
- Trivia - how well do you know the MO faculty?
- Full bellies with great food and drink
- Full minds invigorated by science and new ideas
The 2020 Annual Departmental Retreat was presented by Molecular Oncology Chair Elsa Flores, PhD, and faculty co-organizers Florian Karreth, PhD and Jennifer Binning, PhD and admin support from Kristen Gilpin. We thank all of our trainees, administrative assistants, faculty and ZooTampa staff for making this a special event a success!