2019 Annual Retreat at ZooTampa at Lowry Park
The Molecular Oncology Department at the Moffitt Cancer Center held its annual Scientific Retreat on February 22, 2019, at a unique venue and a natural learning environment, ZooTampa. The Retreat Organizing Committee thanks all of the faculty who helped us prepare for this experience, and especially Kristen Gilpin, for making the day a success. Topping off the high quality science discussed throughout the day, several speakers and poster presenters received awards for their presentations.
Highlights, Awards & Kudos:
- 58 cancer science enthusiasts
- 28 excellent abstracts from all levels of trainees in the department and from invited members from other departments
- 4 faculty-selected oral presentations
- 24 poster presentations across two sessions
Congratulations to all our oral and poster awardees!
- Amazing creature encounters lead by zoo staff
- Trainee-Faculty speed dating mixer
- Full bellies with great food and drink
- Full minds invigorated by science and new ideas
Kudos: The 2019 Annual Departmental Retreat was presented by Molecular Oncology Chair Elsa Flores, PhD, and faculty co-organizers Mark Alexandrow, PhD and Doug Cress, PhD and admin support from Kristen Gilpin. We thank all of our trainees, faculty and ZooTampa staff for making this a special event a success!