Migdady, MD, MSc
Yazan Migdady, MD, MSc
Dr. Yazan Migdady graduated with honors from Jordan University of Science and Technology in 2007. After graduation, Dr. Migdady completed an internship at the Ministry of Health Hospitals where he also served as an emergency room physician. He later attended Baylor College of Medicine as a post-doctoral associate at the Lester & Sue Smith Breast Center. While at Baylor, he worked to develop novel therapy for endocrine resistant breast cancer. In the summer of 2010, Dr. Migdady started internal medicine residency at MHRI Alpert Brown Medical School. Dr. Migdady joined the University Of Florida Department Of Medicine in the summer of 2013 as an assistant professor. Dr. Migdady has multiple publications in several different oncology journals. He has also delivered poster and oral presentations in regional as well as national conferences, including the American Society of Hematology and the American Society in Clinical Oncology. Dr. Migdady's primary research interest is focused on hematological malignancies including acute myelogenous leukemia, advanced myelodysplatic syndrome, lymphomas and plasma cell dyscrasias.
Education & TrainingBOARD CERTIFICATION:
- Internal Medicine
- MHRI/Alpert Medical School of Brown University - Internal Medicine
- Jordan University of Science and Technology - MD
- Cogle CR, Bosse RC, Brewer T, Migdady Y, Shirzad R, Kampen KR, Saki N. Acute myeloid leukemia in the vascular niche. Cancer Lett. 2016 Oct;380(2):552-560. Pubmedid: 25963886.
- Migdady Y, Salhab M, Dang NH, Markham MJ, Olszewski AJ. Disparities in conditional net survival among non-Hodgkin lymphoma survivors: a population-based analysis. Leuk Lymphoma. 2016 Dec;57(3):676-684. Pubmedid: 26428541.
- Chahin A, Opal SM, Zorzopulos J, Jobes DV, Migdady Y, Yamamoto M, Parejo N, Palardy JE, Horn DL. The novel immunotherapeutic oligodeoxynucleotide IMT504 protects neutropenic animals from fatal Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteremia and sepsis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015 Feb;59(2):1225-1229. Pubmedid: 25512413. Pmcid: PMC4335857.
- Migdady Y, Sakr BJ, Sikov WM, Olszewski AJ. Adjuvant chemotherapy in T1a/bN0 HER2-positive or triple-negative breast cancers: application and outcomes. Breast. 2013 Oct;22(5):793-798. Pubmedid: 23489757.
- Migdady Y, Olszewski AJ. Evaluation of incidental neutropenia in a multi-ethnic setting. Int J Lab Hematol. 2013 Feb;35(1):e6-e8. Pubmedid: 23082870.
- Olszewski AJ, Migdady Y, Boolbol SK, Klein P, Boachie-Adjei K, Sakr BJ, Sikov W, Shao T. Effects of adjuvant chemotherapy in HER2-positive or triple-negative pT1ab breast cancers: a multi-institutional retrospective study. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2013 Feb;138(1):215-223. Pubmedid: 23354365.
- Migdady Y, Olszewski AJ. Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria presenting with a left intraventricular thrombus in a patient with prior thymoma and aplastic anemia. Clin Med Insights Oncol. 2012 Aug;5:343-348. Pubmedid: 22174595. Pmcid: PMC3236000.
- Gharaibeh A, Khassawneh M, Khriesat W, Alkhatib S, Migdadi Y. Adopting Western Retinopathy of Prematurity Screening Programs in Eastern Countries, are we Screening Properly?. Middle East Afr J Ophthalmol. 2011 Jul;18(3):209-213. Pubmedid: 21887075. Pmcid: PMC3162732.