Find a Doctor Search
Dr. Wendy Yang is an Assistant Member in the Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Hematopathology and Laboratory Medicine. Dr. Yang earned her MD degree from the University of California at Davis. She completed a residency in an Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology combined program, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of California at Los Angeles. She completed a Hematopathology Clinical Fellowship, Department of Pathology at Columbia University/New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, and a Molecular Genetic Pathology Clinical Fellowship, Department of Pathology at the University of California at San Francisco. She recently completed a Genomic Pathology Clinical Research Fellowship, Department of Pathology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in the lab of Dr. Michael Berger, New York. Dr. Yang’s clinical interests are Hematopathology and Molecular Pathology. Her research interest is the molecular basis of oncogenesis, particularly hematologic malignancies.
Education & Training
- Molecular Genetic Pathology
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - Genomic Pathology
- University of Southern California at San Francisco - Molecular Genomic Pathology
- Columbia University/New York Presbyterian Hospital - Hematopathology
- University of California at Los Angeles - Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- University of California at Davis - MD
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call
- Yoshimi A, Balasis ME, Vedder A, Feldman K, Ma Y, Zhang H, Lee SC, Letson C, Niyongere S, Lu SX, Ball M, Taylor J, Zhang Q, Zhao Y, Youssef S, Chung YR, Zhang XJ, Durham BH, Yang W, List AF, Loh ML, Klimek V, Berger MF, Stieglitz E, Padron E, Abdel-Wahab O. Robust patient-derived xenografts of MDS/MPN overlap syndromes capture the unique characteristics of CMML and JMML. Blood. 2017 Jul;130(4):397-407. Pubmedid: 28576879. Pmcid: PMC5533204.
- Van Ziffle J, Yang W, Chehab FF. Homozygous deletion of six olfactory receptor genes in a subset of individuals with Beta-thalassemia. PLoS One. 2011 Feb;6(2):e17327. Pubmedid: 21390308. Pmcid: PMC3044735.
- Yang W, Stotler B, Sevilla DW, Emmons FN, Murty VV, Alobeid B, Bhagat G. FISH analysis in addition to G-band karyotyping: utility in evaluation of myelodysplastic syndromes?. Leuk Res. 2010 Apr;34(4):420-425. Pubmedid: 19800120.
- Yang W, Yaoi T, Huang S, Yang Q, Hatcher S, Seet H, Gregg JP. Detecting the C282Y and H63D mutations of the HFE gene by Holliday Junction-based allele-specific genotyping methods. Clin Chem. 2005 Jan;51(1):210-213. Pubmedid: 15613713.
- Yang Q, Lishanski A, Yang W, Hatcher S, Seet H, Gregg JP. Allele-specific Holliday junction formation: a new mechanism of allelic discrimination for SNP scoring. Genome Res. 2003 Jul;13(7):1754-1764. Pubmedid: 12840050. Pmcid: PMC403749.