Robinson, MD, PhD
Timothy Robinson, MD, PhD
Dr. Timothy Robinson is an Assistant Member in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center. He is also a member of the Chemical Biology and Molecular Medicine Program. Dr. Robinson received his MD and PhD from Duke University School of Medicine. He recently completed his Radiation Oncology Residency at Duke. Dr. Robinson has a clinical interest in central nervous system (CNS) malignancies including both primary lesions and metastases. He also has an interest in hematologic malignancies, including leukemia, lymphoma, and multiple myeloma. Dr. Robinson’s primary research interest is in using large and complicated biological and clinical data to conduct clinical and translational research in ways that will ultimately benefit patients with cancer. Areas of interest include bioinformatics analysis of gene expression and alternative mRNA splicing, biomarker development, and novel combinations of radiation with targeted therapy. He holds patents and intellectual property related to novel therapeutics, biomarkers, and bioinformatics related to alternative mRNA splicing in cancer.
Education & TrainingBOARD CERTIFICATION:
- Duke University of Medicine - Radiation Oncology
- Duke University of Medicine - MD/PhD
- Ahmed KA, Berglund AE, Welsh EA, Naghavi AO, Kim Y, Yu M, Robinson TJ, Eschrich SA, Johnstone PA, Torres-Roca JF. The radiosensitivity of brain metastases based upon primary histology utilizing a multigene index of tumor radiosensitivity. Neurooncol. 2017 Mar. Pubmedid: 28379582.
- Harowicz MR, Robinson TJ, Dinan MA, Saha A, Marks JR, Marcom PK, Mazurowski MA. Algorithms for prediction of the Oncotype DX recurrence score using clinicopathologic data: a review and comparison using an independent dataset. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2017 Feb;162(1):1-10. Pubmedid: 28064383.
- Abuodeh Y, Ahmed K, Echevarria M, Naghavi A, Grass GD, Robinson TJ, Tomblyn M, Shah B, Chavez J, Bello C, El-Haddad G, Harrison L, Kim S. Priming radioimmunotherapy with external beam radiation in patients with relapsed low grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Ther Adv Hematol. 2017 Apr;8(4):129-138. Pubmedid: 28491264. Pmcid: PMC5405899.
- Evans MK, Sauer SJ, Nath S, Robinson TJ, Morse MA, Devi GR. X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein mediates tumor cell resistance to antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity. Cell Death Dis. 2016 Jan;7:e2073. Pubmedid: 26821068. Pmcid: PMC4816185.
- Robinson TJ, Dinan MA, Li Y, Lee WR, Reed SD. Longitudinal Trends in Costs of Palliative Radiation for Metastatic Prostate Cancer. J Palliat Med. 2015 Nov;18(11):933-939. Pubmedid: 26241733. Pmcid: PMC4638209.
- Homa NJ, Salinas R, Forte E, Robinson TJ, Garcia-Blanco MA, Luftig MA. Epstein-Barr virus induces global changes in cellular mRNA isoform usage that are important for the maintenance of latency. J Virol. 2013 Nov;87(22):12291-12301. Pubmedid: 24027308. Pmcid: PMC3807935.
- Robinson TJ, Forte E, Salinas RE, Puri S, Marengo M, Garcia-Blanco MA, Luftig MA. SplicerEX: a tool for the automated detection and classification of mRNA changes from conventional and splice-sensitive microarray expression data. RNA. 2012 Aug;18(8):1435-1445. Pubmedid: 22736799. Pmcid: PMC3404365.
- Dinan MA, Robinson TJ, Zagar TM, Scales CD, Curtis LH, Reed SD, Lee WR, Schulman KA. Changes in initial treatment for prostate cancer among Medicare beneficiaries, 1999-2007. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012 Apr;82(5):e781-e786. Pubmedid: 22331001. Pmcid: PMC3418871.
- Miller HB, Robinson TJ, Gordân R, Hartemink AJ, Garcia-Blanco MA. Identification of Tat-SF1 cellular targets by exon array analysis reveals dual roles in transcription and splicing. RNA. 2011 Apr;17(4):665-674. Pubmedid: 21282347. Pmcid: PMC3062177.
- Robinson TJ, Dinan MA, Dewhirst M, Garcia-Blanco MA, Pearson JL. SplicerAV: a tool for mining microarray expression data for changes in RNA processing. BMC Bioinformatics. 2010 Feb;11:108. Pubmedid: 20184770. Pmcid: PMC2838864.
- Sessions OM, Barrows NJ, Souza-Neto JA, Robinson TJ, Hershey CL, Rodgers MA, Ramirez JL, Dimopoulos G, Yang PL, Pearson JL, Garcia-Blanco MA. Discovery of insect and human dengue virus host factors. Nature. 2009 Apr;458(7241):1047-1050. Pubmedid: 19396146. Pmcid: PMC3462662.
- Pearson JL, Robinson TJ, Muñoz MJ, Kornblihtt AR, Garcia-Blanco MA. Identification of the cellular targets of the transcription factor TCERG1 reveals a prevalent role in mRNA processing. J Biol Chem. 2008 Mar;283(12):7949-7961. Pubmedid: 18187414.
CLINICAL TRIAL 18395
Phase 1/2 Study Of Intratumoral G100 With Or Without Pembrolizumab In Patients With Follicular Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
Condition: Malignant Hematology
Intervention: G100; Pembrolizumab (Keytruda)
CLINICAL TRIAL 18501
A Randomized,Placebo Controlled Phase 2b/3 Study of ABT 414 with Concurrent Chemoradiation and Adjuvant Temozolomide in Subjects with Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma (GBM) with Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) Amplification (Intellance 1)
Condition: Neurologic Oncology
Intervention: ABT-414; Placebo; Temodal (Temozolomide); Temozolomide
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call