Find a Doctor Search
Shohreh Dickinson serves in the Genitourinary Oncology program at H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute (MCC) with role primarily focused on clinical service, teaching and research. Her education includes a B.S. in Chemistry from Stetson University, an M.D. in 1992 from the University of South Carolina School of Medicine in Columbia, South Carolina, and a five year residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology in 1997 at the University of South Florida (USF) Affiliated Hospitals in Tampa, Florida. This was followed by completion of a fellowship in Hematopathology in 1998 at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. In April of 2007, I accepted a position as assistant member at Moffitt Cancer Center where she was appointed assistant professor in the Department of Oncologic Sciences in the College of Medicine at the USF.
Education & Training
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- Pediatric Pathology
- University of Michigan - Hematopathology
- University of South Florida Affiliated Hospitals - Anatomic & Clinical Pathology
- University of South Carolina School of Medicine - MD
- Jeong JH, Dickinson SI, Luo JL. Targeting constitutive NF-κB specifically in tumor cells. Oncotarget. 2017 Nov;8(55):93305-93306. Pubmedid: 29212145. Pmcid: PMC5706791.
- Al Diffalha S, Al Aukla N, Hasan S, Dickinson S, Khalil F. NUT Midline Carcinoma: A Rare Malignancy. Cancer Control. 2017 Apr;24(2):202-206. Pubmedid: 28441376.
- Luchey AM, Manimala NJ, Dickinson S, Dhillon J, Agarwal G, Lockhart JL, Spiess PE, Sexton WJ, Pow-Sang JM, Gilbert SM, Poch MA. Change in Management Based on Pathologic Second Opinion Among Bladder Cancer Patients Presenting to a Comprehensive Cancer Center: Implications for Clinical Practice. Urology. 2016 Jul;93:130-134. Pubmedid: 27041469.
- Kumar NB, Pow-Sang J, Egan KM, Spiess PE, Dickinson S, Salup R, Helal M, McLarty JW, Williams CR, Schreiber F, Parnes HL, Sebti S, Kazi A, Kang L, Quinn GP, Smith T, Yue B, Diaz K, Chornokur G, Crocker T, Schell MJ. Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Green Tea Catechins for Prostate Cancer Prevention. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2015 Oct;8(10):879-887. Pubmedid: 25873370. Pmcid: PMC4596745.
- Sharma P, Sverrisson EF, Zargar-Shoshtari K, Fishman MN, Sexton WJ, Dickinson SI, Spiess PE, Poch MA, Gilbert SM, Pow-Sang JM. Minimally invasive post-chemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for nonseminoma. Can J Urol. 2015 Aug;22(4):7882-7889. Pubmedid: 26267026.
- Wu M, Dickinson SI, Wang X, Zhang J. Expression and function of SIRT6 in muscle invasive urothelial carcinoma of the bladder. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014 Sep;7(10):6504-6513. Pubmedid: 25400728. Pmcid: PMC4230126.
- Velez-Cubian F, Gabordi R, Smith P, Dickinson S, Moodie C, Garrett J, Toloza E. Delayed Presentation of Breast Cancer Metastatic to Solitary Fibrous Tumor of the Lung With Synchronous Contralateral Primary Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: A Case Report. Chest. 2014 Mar;145(3 Suppl):295A. Pubmedid: 24638457.
- Russell CM, Buethe DD, Dickinson S, Sexton WJ. Perivascular epithelioid cell tumor (PEComa) of the urinary bladder associated with Xp11 translocation. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2014 Apr;44(1):91-98. Pubmedid: 24695481.
- Kumar N, Crocker T, Smith T, Pow-Sang J, Spiess PE, Connors S, Chornukur G, Dickinson SI, Bai W, Williams CR, Salup R, Fu W. Prostate Cancer Chemoprevention Targeting High Risk Populations: Model for Trial Design and Outcome Measures. J Cancer Sci Ther. 2012 Mar;2011(S3). Pubmedid: 22422102. Pmcid: PMC3300067.
- Rao SR, Correa JJ, Sexton WJ, Pow-Sang JM, Dickinson SI, Lin HY, Spiess PE. Prospective clinical trial of the feasibility and safety of modified retroperitoneal lymph node dissection at time of nephroureterectomy for upper tract urothelial carcinoma. BJU Int. 2012 Dec;110(11 pt B):E475-E480. Pubmedid: 22564727.
- Sexton WJ, Wiegand LR, Correa JJ, Politis C, Dickinson SI, Kang LC. Bladder cancer: a review of non-muscle invasive disease. Cancer Control. 2010 Oct;17(4):256-268. Pubmedid: 20861813.
- Dickinson SI. Premalignant and malignant prostate lesions: pathologic review. Cancer Control. 2010 Oct;17(4):214-222. Pubmedid: 20861809.
- Iravani S, Zhang HQ, Yuan ZQ, Cheng JQ, Karl RC, Jove R, Coppola D. Modification of insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor, c-Src, and Bcl-XL protein expression during the progression of Barrett's neoplasia. Hum Pathol. 2003 Oct;34(10):975-982. Pubmedid: 14608530.
- Miranda E, Iravani S, Doll D. Unusual presentations of malignancy. Case 2. Breast plasmacytoma in a patient with human immunodeficiency virus. J Clin Oncol. 2001 Jul;19(13):3290-3291. Pubmedid: 11432898.
- Iravani S, Debich-Spicer D, Gilbert-Barness E. Pathological case of the month. Campomelic dysplasia. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2000 Jul;154(7):747-748. Pubmedid: 10891031.
- Iravani S, Singleton T, Ross C, Schnitzer B. Precursor B lymphoblastic lymphoma presenting as lytic bone lesions. Am J Clin Pathol. 1999 Dec;112(6):836-843. Pubmedid: 10587707.
- Iravani S, Mao W, Fu L, Karl R, Yeatman T, Jove R, Coppola D. Elevated c-Src protein expression is an early event in colonic neoplasia. Lab Invest. 1998 Mar;78(3):365-371. Pubmedid: 9520949 .
- Iravani S, Mora L, Miller F, Dawson P. Altered expression of c-erbB-2, DF3, b72.3, p53 and Ki-67 with progression and differentiation to two distinct histologic types of invasive carcinoma in the MCF10AT human xenograft model of proliferative breast disease. Int J Oncol. 1998 Feb;12(2):369-375. Pubmedid: 9458364 .
- Iravani S, Bower R, Debich-Spicer D, Gilbert-Barness E. Pathological case of the month. Bronchopulmonary sequestration, intralobar type. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1997 Oct;151(10):1059-1060. Pubmedid: 9343023 .
- Iravani S, Walling A, Gilbert-Barness E. Pathological case of the month. Adamantinoma. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1997 Apr;151(4):427-428. Pubmedid: 9111446 .
- Babbin BA, Greene JN, Vega R, Iravani S, Ku NN, Sandin RL. Pathologic manifestations of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis in cancer patients: the many faces of aspergillus. Cancer Control. 7(6):566-571. Pubmedid: 11088066.