Find a Doctor
Sarah Hugar, MD
Cancer Focus: Breast Cancer
Dr. Hugar received her MD from Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia. She completed an Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) followed by a Breast and Gynecologic Pathology Clinical Instructorship at UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital. Dr. Hugar joins us from Florida Woman Care Laboratory, where she was a staff Pathologist. Dr. Hugar is primarily interested in breast pathology, with research interests focused on the diagnosis and management of atypical and malignant lesions of the breast.
Education & Training
- Hugar SB, Shulman J, Yanta J, Nine J. Ochronosis Presenting as Methemoglobinemia. J Forensic Sci. 2019 May.64(3):913-916. Pubmedid: 30229904.
- Hugar SB, Bhargava R, Dabbs DJ, Davis KM, Zuley M, Clark BZ. Isolated Flat Epithelial Atypia on Core Biopsy Specimens Is Associated With a Low Risk of Upgrade at Excision. Am J Clin Pathol. 2019 Apr.151(5):511-515. Pubmedid: 30753261.
- Hugar SB, Kadow BT, Davis A, Ranganathan S, Reyes-Múgica M, Schneck FX, Picarsic J. Pediatric Testicular Hemangioma in a 10-Year-old: A Rare Entity That May Mimic Malignancy With Appraisal of the Literature. Urology. 2018 Apr.114:175-180. Pubmedid: 29305943.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.