Find a Doctor
Ritika Oberoi-Jassal, MD
Specialty: Hospice & Palliative Medicine
Program: Supportive Care Medicine
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Dr. Oberoi-Jassal received her MD degree from the Ross University School of Medicine. She completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Nassau University Medical Center and a Hospice and Palliative Care Fellowship at George Washington University. Dr. Oberoi-Jassal’s clinical interest is in enhancing patient quality of life by focusing on palliative care treatment to address physical and psychosocial concerns related to cancer treatment. She is dedicated to practicing patient-centered care, improving quality of life and assisting patients and their families with advanced care planning and goals of care. Dr. Oberoi-Jassal’s research interest is in complex symptom management in the cancer population while providing goal oriented care.
Education & Training
- George Washington School of Medicine - Hospice & Palliative Care
- Nassau University Medical Center - Internal Medicine
- Ross University School of Medicine - MD
- Donovan KA, Chang YD, Oberoi-Jassal R, Rajasekhara S, Smith J, Haas M, Portman DG. Relationship of Cannabis Use to Patient-Reported Symptoms in Cancer Patients Seeking Supportive/Palliative Care. J Palliat Med. 2019 Feb. Pubmedid: 30794025.
- Bulls HW, Hoogland AI, Craig D, Paice J, Chang YD, Oberoi-Jassal R, Rajasekhara S, Haas M, Bobonis M, Gonzalez BD, Portman D, Jim HSL. Cancer and Opioids: Patient Experiences With Stigma (COPES)-A Pilot Study. J Pain Symptom Manag. 2019 Apr;57(4):816-819. Pubmedid: 30703463. Pmcid: PMC6433506.
- Oberoi-Jassal R, Portman D, Smith J, Rajasekhara S, Desai VV, Donovan KA, Chang YD. Burning Mouth Pain: A Case Report. J Oncol Pract. 2018 Jul;14(7):447-448. Pubmedid: 29589986.
- Chang YD, Smith J, Portman D, Kim R, Oberoi-Jassal R, Rajasekhara S, Davis M. Single Institute Experience With Methylphenidate and American Ginseng in Cancer-Related Fatigue. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2018 Jan;35(1):144-150. Pubmedid: 28299946.
- Smith J, Portman DG, Oberoi-Jassal R, Rajasekhara S, Davis MP. The combination therapy with methylphenidate and American ginseng in cancer-related fatigue. J Clin Oncol. 2016 Oct;34(26_suppl):215. Pubmedid: 28156680.