Find a Doctor Search
Dr. Weinfurtner obtained his MD degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. He completed an internship at the University of Pennsylvania and a Radiology Residency at University Hospitals of Case Medical Center, where he served as Chief Resident. He most recently completed a Breast Imaging Fellowship at University of South Florida at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Weinfurtner’s clinical interests involve multimodality diagnostic breast imagining. His research interest is in breast tomosynthesis research. His current projects include angiosarcoma of the breast as well as MRI guided breast biopsies.
Education & Training
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Moffitt Cancer Center - Breast Imaging
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Diagnostic Radiology
- Case Western Reserve, University School of Medicine - MD
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call
- Pribish AM, Saglam O, Weinfurtner RJ. Estrogen receptor-positive primary squamous cell carcinoma of the breast. Radiol Case Rep. 2017 Jun;12(2):211-214. Pubmedid: 28491153. Pmcid: PMC5417723.
- Falcon S, Williams A, Weinfurtner J, Drukteinis JS. Imaging Management of Breast Density, a Controversial Risk Factor for Breast Cancer. Cancer Control. 2017 Apr;24(2):125-136. Pubmedid: 28441367.
- Assing MA, Patel BK, Karamsadkar N, Weinfurtner J, Usmani O, Kiluk JV, Drukteinis JS. A comparison of the diagnostic accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging to axillary ultrasound in the detection of axillary nodal metastases in newly diagnosed breast cancer. Breast J. 2017 Apr. Pubmedid: 28397344.
- Kamat L, Rosa M, Weinfurtner R, Drukteinis J, Falcon S, Patel B. Primary Breast Angiosarcoma in a Male. Breast J. 2015 Sep;21(5):545-548. Pubmedid: 26183811.
- Chaudhury B, Zhou M, Goldgof DB, Hall LO, Gatenby RA, Gillies RJ, Patel BK, Weinfurtner RJ, Drukteinis JS. Heterogeneity in intratumoral regions with rapid gadolinium washout correlates with estrogen receptor status and nodal metastasis. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2015 Nov;42(5):1421-1430. Pubmedid: 25884277. Pmcid: PMC5017794.
- Weinfurtner RJ, Patel B, Laronga C, Lee MC, Falcon SL, Mooney BP, Yue B, Drukteinis JS. Magnetic resonance imaging-guided core needle breast biopsies resulting in high-risk histopathologic findings: upstage frequency and lesion characteristics. Clin Breast Cancer. 2015 Jun;15(3):234-239. Pubmedid: 25579460.