Find a Doctor
R. Jared Weinfurtner, MD
Program: Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology
Locations: Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation Outpatient Center at McKinley Campus
Cancer Types Treated: Breast Cancer, Ductal Carcinoma In Situ , Inflammatory Breast Cancer , Invasive Ductal Carcinoma , Triple Negative Breast Cancer
Dr. Weinfurtner obtained his MD degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. He completed an internship at the University of Pennsylvania and a Radiology Residency at University Hospitals of Case Medical Center, where he served as Chief Resident. He most recently completed a Breast Imaging Fellowship at University of South Florida at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Weinfurtner’s clinical interests involve multimodality diagnostic breast imagining. His research interest is in breast tomosynthesis research. His current projects include angiosarcoma of the breast as well as MRI guided breast biopsies.
Education & Training
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Moffitt Cancer Center - Breast Imaging
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Diagnostic Radiology
- Case Western Reserve, University School of Medicine - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 18596
A Phase II Study of Preoperative Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy (SABR) for Early-Stage Breast Cancer: Introduction of a Novel Form of Accelerated Partial Breast Radiotherapy
Intervention: Not Applicable
CLINICAL TRIAL 19209
Combined Imaging and Blood Biomarkers for Breast Cancer Diagnosis
Condition: Healthy Subjects
- Falcon S, Weinfurtner RJ, Mooney B, Niell BL. SAVI SCOUT® localization of breast lesions as a practical alternative to wires: Outcomes and suggestions for trouble-shooting. Clin Imaging. 2018 Sep;52:280-286. Pubmedid: 30193186.
- Weinfurtner RJ, Niell B, Mekhail Y, Aguila E, Kamat L. Specialized Second Opinion Interpretations of Breast Imaging: Impact on Additional Workup and Management. Clin Breast Cancer. 2018 Oct;18(5):e1031-e1036. Pubmedid: 29625911.
- Assing MA, Patel BK, Karamsadkar N, Weinfurtner J, Usmani O, Kiluk JV, Drukteinis JS. A comparison of the diagnostic accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging to axillary ultrasound in the detection of axillary nodal metastases in newly diagnosed breast cancer. Breast J. 2017 Nov;23(6):647-655. Pubmedid: 28397344.
- Niell BL, Freer PE, Weinfurtner RJ, Arleo EK, Drukteinis JS. Screening for Breast Cancer. Radiol Clin North Am. 2017 Nov;55(6):1145-1162. Pubmedid: 28991557.
- Pribish AM, Saglam O, Weinfurtner RJ. Estrogen receptor-positive primary squamous cell carcinoma of the breast. Radiol Case Rep. 2017 Jun;12(2):211-214. Pubmedid: 28491153. Pmcid: PMC5417723.
- Falcon S, Williams A, Weinfurtner J, Drukteinis JS. Imaging Management of Breast Density, a Controversial Risk Factor for Breast Cancer. Cancer Control. 2017 Apr;24(2):125-136. Pubmedid: 28441367.
- Kamat L, Rosa M, Weinfurtner R, Drukteinis J, Falcon S, Patel B. Primary Breast Angiosarcoma in a Male. Breast J. 2015 Sep;21(5):545-548. Pubmedid: 26183811.
- Chaudhury B, Zhou M, Goldgof DB, Hall LO, Gatenby RA, Gillies RJ, Patel BK, Weinfurtner RJ, Drukteinis JS. Heterogeneity in intratumoral regions with rapid gadolinium washout correlates with estrogen receptor status and nodal metastasis. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2015 Nov;42(5):1421-1430. Pubmedid: 25884277. Pmcid: PMC5017794.
- Weinfurtner RJ, Patel B, Laronga C, Lee MC, Falcon SL, Mooney BP, Yue B, Drukteinis JS. Magnetic resonance imaging-guided core needle breast biopsies resulting in high-risk histopathologic findings: upstage frequency and lesion characteristics. Clin Breast Cancer. 2015 Jun;15(3):234-239. Pubmedid: 25579460.