Find a Doctor Search
Prudence Smith, MD is an Associate Member in Moffitt’s Department of Anatomic Pathology and Associate Professor of Oncologic Sciences at USF. Dr. Smith earned her medical degree at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston and completed a residency at the University of South Florida. She completed two fellowships: one in surgical pathology at the University of Utah and another in cytopathology at the University of South Florida. She is board certified in cytopathology, and she has strong past and current experience in the education and training of residents and fellows at the University of South Florida and Moffitt Cancer Center. She has been a co-PI and provided pathology support for numerous clinical research studies, participates on committees, and is an active member of several professional societies.
Education & Training
- Anatomic Pathology
- University of Utah - Surgical Pathology
- University of South Florida - Cytopathology
- University of South Florida -
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston - MD
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call
- Qin D, Zheng Z, Shen S, Smith P, Khalil FK. Necessity of Microdissecting Different Tumor Components in Pulmonary Tumor Pyrosequencing. Biomed Res Int. 2017 Feb;2016:8759267. Pubmedid: 27597976. Pmcid: PMC4997073.
- Toloza E, Cheng A, Coppola D, Shan Y, Moodie C, Garrett J, Krblich D, Tran N, Altiok S, Smith P. Metastatic Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Masquerading as Metastatic Renal Cell Cancer: A Case Report. Chest. 2014 Mar;145(3 Suppl):317A. Pubmedid: 24638364.
- Velez-Cubian F, Gabordi R, Smith P, Dickinson S, Moodie C, Garrett J, Toloza E. Delayed Presentation of Breast Cancer Metastatic to Solitary Fibrous Tumor of the Lung With Synchronous Contralateral Primary Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: A Case Report. Chest. 2014 Mar;145(3 Suppl):295A. Pubmedid: 24638457.
- Robinson LA, Smith P, Sengupta DJ, Prentice JL, Sandin RL. Molecular analysis of sarcoidosis lymph nodes for microorganisms: a case-control study with clinical correlates. BMJ Open. 2013 Dec;3(12):e004065. Pubmedid: 24366580. Pmcid: PMC3884606.
- Seifert RP, McNab P, Sexton WJ, Sawczyn KK, Smith P, Coppola D, Bui MM. Rhabdomyomatous differentiation in Wilms tumor pulmonary metastases: a case report and literature review. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2012 Oct;42(4):409-416. Pubmedid: 23090738.
- Bui M, Smith P, Agresta S, Cheong D, Letson G. Practical issues of intraoperative frozen section diagnosis of bone and soft tissue lesions. Cancer Control. 2008 Jan;15(1):7-12. Pubmedid: 18094656.
- Simon G, Sharma S, Cantor A, Smith P, Bepler G. ERCC1 expression is a predictor of survival in resected patients with non-small cell lung cancer. Chest. 2005 Mar;127(3):978-983. Pubmedid: 15764785.
- Hakam A, Nasir A, Raghuwanshi R, Smith P, Crawley S, Kaiser H, Grendys E, Fiorica J. Value of multilevel sectioning for improved detection of micrometastases in sentinel lymph nodes in invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the vulva. Anticancer Res. 24(2C):1281-1286. Pubmedid: 15154661.