Find a Doctor
Cancer Focus: Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer, Ductal Carcinoma In Situ , Endometrial (Uterine) Cancer , Inflammatory Breast Cancer , Invasive Ductal Carcinoma , Ovarian Cancer , Triple Negative Breast Cancer , Vaginal Cancer
Dr. Saglam's clinical interests are in gynecologic and breast pathology.
Education & Training
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- Moffitt Cancer Center - Oncologic Surgical Pathology
- Henry Ford Hospital - Cytopathology
- Henry Ford Hospital - Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- Marmara University(MD, - MD)
CLINICAL TRIAL 20382
Interaction of Epigenetic Modulators and Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors in Gynecologic Cancers and associated Endometriosis
Condition: Gynecological Tumor
- Saglam O, Lin DI, Steele CB, Killian JK, Wenham RM. A sporadic gastric-type endocervical adenocarcinoma with endometrial involvement and bilateral ovarian metastasis, a case report. Gynecol Oncol Rep. 2020 Apr.32:100572. Pubmedid: 32346591. Pmcid: PMC7182719.
- Saglam O, Zhou J, Wang X, Conejo-Garcia JR. PD-L1 Expression Correlates With Young Age and CD8+ TIL Density in Poorly Differentiated Cervical Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2019 Jul. Pubmedid: 31274701. Pmcid: PMC7010346.
- Saglam O, Conejo-Garcia J. PD-1/PD-L1 immune checkpoint inhibitors in advanced cervical cancer. Integr Cancer Sci Ther. 2018 Jun.5(2). Pubmedid: 29955379. Pmcid: PMC6016855.
- Saglam O, Naqvi SMH, Zhang Y, Mesa T, Teer JK, Yoder S, Lee J, Messina J. Female genitourinary tract melanoma: mutation analysis with clinicopathologic correlation: a single-institution experience. Melanoma Res. 2018 Dec.28(6):586-591. Pubmedid: 30028779. Pmcid: PMC6205913.
- von Wahlde MK, Timms KM, Chagpar AB, Wali VB, Jiang T, Bossuyt V, Saglam O, Reid JE, Gutin A, Neff C, Lanchbury JS, Hatzis C, Hofstatter E, Pustzai L. Intratumor Heterogeneity of Homologous Recombination Deficiency in Primary Breast Cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2017 Mar;23(5):1193-1199. Pubmedid: 27601588.
- Pribish AM, Saglam O, Weinfurtner RJ. Estrogen receptor-positive primary squamous cell carcinoma of the breast. Radiol Case Rep. 2017 Jun.12(2):211-214. Pubmedid: 28491153. Pmcid: PMC5417723.
- Saglam O, Xiong Y, Marchion DC, Strosberg C, Wenham RM, Johnson JJ, Saeed-Vafa D, Cubitt C, Hakam A, Magliocco AM. ERBB4 Expression in Ovarian Serous Carcinoma Resistant to Platinum-Based Therapy. Cancer Control. 2017 Jan;24(1):89-95. Pubmedid: 28178720.
- Liegl-Atzwanger B, Heitzer E, Flicker K, Müller S, Ulz P, Saglam O, Tavassoli F, Devouassoux-Shisheboran M, Geigl J, Moinfar F. Exploring chromosomal abnormalities and genetic changes in uterine smooth muscle tumors. Mod Pathol. 2016 Oct;29(10):1262-1277. Pubmedid: 27363490.
- Mani NL, Schalper KA, Hatzis C, Saglam O, Tavassoli F, Butler M, Chagpar AB, Pusztai L, Rimm DL. Quantitative assessment of the spatial heterogeneity of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res. 2016 Jul;18(1):78. Pubmedid: 27473061. Pmcid: PMC4966732.
- Mark J, Bush S, Glazer E, Strosberg J, Saglam O, Apte SM. Metastatic VIPoma presenting as an ovarian mass. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2016 Jan.17:167-169. Pubmedid: 26657531. Pmcid: PMC4701860.
- Rutter CE, Yao X, Mancini BR, Aminawung JA, Chagpar AB, Saglam O, Hofstatter EW, Abu-Khalaf M, Gross CP, Evans SB. Influence of a 21-Gene Recurrence Score Assay on Chemotherapy Delivery in Breast Cancer. Clin Breast Cancer. 2016 Feb;16(1):59-62. Pubmedid: 26483315.
- Ross JA, Saglam O. Stromal Overgrowth in a Brenner Tumor or Ovarian Fibroma With Minor Sex Cord Elements?. Cancer Control. 2015 Jul;22(3):366-368. Pubmedid: 26351894.
- Saglam O, Samayoa E, Somasekar S, Naccache S, Iwasaki A, Chiu CY. No viral association found in a set of differentiated vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia cases by human papillomavirus and pan-viral microarray testing. PLoS One. 2015 Apr;10(4):e0125292. Pubmedid: 25894343. Pmcid: PMC4404153.
- Karalok HM, Karalok E, Saglam O, Torun A, Guzeloglu-Kayisli O, Lalioti MD, Kristansson H, Duke CM, Choe G, Flannery C, Kallen CB, Seli E. mRNA-binding protein TIA-1 reduces cytokine expression in human endometrial stromal cells and is down-regulated in ectopic endometrium. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014 Dec;99(12):E2610-E2619. Pubmedid: 25140393. Pmcid: PMC4255110.
- Saglam O, Husain S, Toruner G. AKT, EGFR, C-ErbB-2, and C-kit expression in uterine carcinosarcoma. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2013 Sep;32(5):493-500. Pubmedid: 23896716.
- Saglam O, Tavassoli FA. Expression of hormone receptors, cell regulatory and myoepithelial cell markers in lactating breast and associated carcinomas. Breast J. 2013 Apr;18(4):380-382. Pubmedid: 22640230.
- Vasan N, Saglam O, Killelea BK. Metastatic leiomyosarcoma presenting as bilateral, multifocal breast masses. BMJ Case Rep. 2012 Dec;2012. Pubmedid: 23220834. Pmcid: PMC4544926.
- Saglam O, Salama M, Meier F, Chaffins M, Ma C, Ormsby A, Lee M. Immunohistochemical staining of palisading basal cells in Bowen's disease and basal involvement in actinic keratosis: contrasting staining patterns suggest different cells of origin. Am J Dermatopathxxx. 2008 Apr;30(2):123-126. Pubmedid: 18360114.
- Saglam O, Shah V, Worsham MJ. Molecular differentiation of early and late stage laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma: an exploratory analysis. Diagn Mol Pathol. 2007 Dec;16(4):218-221. Pubmedid: 18043285.
- Sundine MJ, Quan EE, Saglam O, Dhawan V, Quesada PM, Ogden L, Harralson TG, Gossman MD, Maldonado CJ, Barker JH. The use of end-to-side nerve grafts to reinnervate the paralyzed orbicularis oculi muscle. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2003 Jun;111(7):2255-2264. Pubmedid: 12794468.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.