Find a Doctor
Neal A. Shah, MD
Specialty: Pain Medicine
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Dr. Shah received his medical degree after finishing a 6 year BS/MD program at Northeast Ohio Medical University. He then went onto complete his anesthesiology residency at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts. He has held faculty positions at both SUNY Downstate and The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York and has worked in a level 1 trauma setting at both Lutheran Medical Center/NYU and Mount Sinai Medical Center. In addition to completing an Interventional Pain Medicine Fellowship at the University of South Florida/Moffitt Cancer Center, he has also worked in private practice for several years in various hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers around the Tampa bay area. His clinical interests include regional anesthesia, ultrasound guided peripheral nerve blocks, acute perioperative pain management and interventional chronic pain management encompassing both neuromodulation and targeted drug delivery. Dr. Shah’s research interests are in acute perioperative pain management and chronic pain management.
Education & Training
- University of South Florida - Pain Medicine
- Harvard Medical School - Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Anesthesiology
- Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine - MD
- Shah NA, Catlin E, Jassal N, Hafez O, Padalia D. Retained Curved Needle After Balloon Kyphoplasty: A Complication with a Novel Device and Its Management. Cureus. 2019 Apr;11(4):e4367. Pubmedid: 31192072. Pmcid: PMC6551195.
- Martin AJ, Padalia D, Shah N, Singh J, Jassal N. Spinal Cord Stimulator Electrode Dislodging into the Ligamentum Flavum: A Case Report. Pain Pract. 2018 Sep;18(7):884-888. Pubmedid: 29436158.
- Padalia RB, Reeves CJ, Shah N, Patel AA, Padalia DM. Case report: bilateral tunneled epidural catheters to prevent unilateral analgesia for cancer-related pain. Local Reg Anesth. 2017 Jul;10:79-82. Pubmedid: 28790864. Pmcid: PMC5529603.